Charging Problems

WadeH

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
This is my first Android phone in a few years but the last one I had would charge with it plugged into the computer via the USB cable, but either something is wrong with my phone or the G4 does not charge that way. I did notice that the phone would get warm to touch while plugged into the computer, but I left it on the computer all night last night and the phone was almost dead this morning. I tried it on another computer when I go to work and it would not charge there either. Is this a problem with my phone or a problem with the G4. Thanks for reading.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
This is my first Android phone in a few years but the last one I had would charge with it plugged into the computer via the USB cable, but either something is wrong with my phone or the G4 does not charge that way. I did notice that the phone would get warm to touch while plugged into the computer, but I left it on the computer all night last night and the phone was almost dead this morning. I tried it on another computer when I go to work and it would not charge there either. Is this a problem with my phone or a problem with the G4. Thanks for reading.

G4... I'm guessing you meant S4.

It could be your USB ports on your computer, or old drivers... try a different USB port. You might also want to check to see what drivers are loaded on your PC... at least I'm guessing it is a PC and not a Mac... I have no idea what to do with a Mac. I've had a number of Android devices as you tell below and my only issue is old drivers that are still on my laptop, until I change USB ports... my S4 charges just fine using my old USB cables and my old chargers.

jawiler

May 22, 2013
Visit site
Also check your USB cables, I only have 2-3 cables that will work with this phone. Did you try using the white one that comes with it? That one works the best.

WadeH

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the help, the problem happened with two different computers but I did not change out the cable. I used the same cable both times, I never thought about that could be the problem. I did notice one other thing, the little lightning bolt shows up on the battery symbol but it is not charging though. I will get a new cable and try that.

Rosemary McGowan

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Just wanted to pass on what I did to get my Android tablet charging. I tried a lot of different things and it came down to charging just my tablet with no other items charging at the same time. I suspect for some reason inadequate amps when other item charging. Why and how I don't know. But charging ok now.