1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Adjust Vibrate pattern for Text messages

I just got my S4 a couple days ago and while I'm at work I leave it in Vibrate mode. I noticed that when I receive a text message from anybody it only does 2 short bursts. Most of the time I don't hear it and only notice I have a next text message from the LED Indicator.

I have tried going into contacts and setting the vibration there for "basic call" which is longer.....but I still get 2 short bursts.

I have gone into the phone settings and set notifications for "basic call" and I still get 2 short bursts.

I also tried setting different vibrate patterns for different contacts and still I get 2 short bursts

What am I missing? and how do I fix this.

Global Posts
    1,816 Global Posts
    ROM
    VernomRez / ICS / CM9

Default Re: Adjust Vibrate pattern for Text messages

Quote Originally Posted by JoBu13 View Post
    I just got my S4 a couple days ago and while I'm at work I leave it in Vibrate mode. I noticed that when I receive a text message from anybody it only does 2 short bursts. Most of the time I don't hear it and only notice I have a next text message from the LED Indicator.

I have tried going into contacts and setting the vibration there for "basic call" which is longer.....but I still get 2 short bursts.

I have gone into the phone settings and set notifications for "basic call" and I still get 2 short bursts.

I also tried setting different vibrate patterns for different contacts and still I get 2 short bursts

What am I missing? and how do I fix this.
    Open up messaging hit the Settings button go most of the way down to Notification settings and change what you want you can even make it repeat 2 or 10 mins and vibrate
    Palm Centro, Palm Pre +, HTC Rezound, Samsung Galaxy S4
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by major payne View Post
    Open up messaging hit the Settings button go most of the way down to Notification settings and change what you want you can even make it repeat 2 or 10 mins and vibrate
    I have that all set, but it still only does 2 short vibrate bursts even tho I have a specific contact set to be a longer vibrate pattern.

i have this issue too, i think you cant change it! which is so annoying because the 2 short bursts were what it did on my s3 for facebook messages so i knew the difference, now i dont, would be good if anyone knows what to do .

Try this:

- - - Updated - - -

Try this: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jb.vibrate.pattern&hl=en

hey guys I was wondering the same thing and search on the app store for a good app to manage the patterns for my sms and well I found mine its working perfect for me

Custume Vibrates by Daniel Stiner (sorry I dont have the link here)

not sure how it works with other notifications but I was looking for sms only and the customization its just fine

Angry Re: Adjust Vibrate pattern for Text messages

Hey guys, with the new update to my galaxy s3 i had the same problem. I also figured out how to fix it.
    Go to the play store and download an app called vybe. It lets you make customizable vibrations for text, calls, WhatsApp, and Viber as well. AND you can choose to give the same vibration for all contacts or individually. Best Part, its absolutely free. One thing is, when you download it make sure you go to messages-> settings-> and turn off "Vibrate with notifications". Keeping it on will leave the normal double burst vibration as well as the custom one, and it tends to come as an awkward double buzz after the custom one. Wish you all the best of luck!
    KSkill