Adjust Vibrate pattern for Text messages

JoBu13

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
I just got my S4 a couple days ago and while I'm at work I leave it in Vibrate mode. I noticed that when I receive a text message from anybody it only does 2 short bursts. Most of the time I don't hear it and only notice I have a next text message from the LED Indicator.

I have tried going into contacts and setting the vibration there for "basic call" which is longer.....but I still get 2 short bursts.

I have gone into the phone settings and set notifications for "basic call" and I still get 2 short bursts.

I also tried setting different vibrate patterns for different contacts and still I get 2 short bursts

What am I missing? and how do I fix this.

majorpayne

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I just got my S4 a couple days ago and while I'm at work I leave it in Vibrate mode. I noticed that when I receive a text message from anybody it only does 2 short bursts. Most of the time I don't hear it and only notice I have a next text message from the LED Indicator.

I have tried going into contacts and setting the vibration there for "basic call" which is longer.....but I still get 2 short bursts.

I have gone into the phone settings and set notifications for "basic call" and I still get 2 short bursts.

I also tried setting different vibrate patterns for different contacts and still I get 2 short bursts

What am I missing? and how do I fix this.

Open up messaging hit the Settings button go most of the way down to Notification settings and change what you want you can even make it repeat 2 or 10 mins and vibrate

JoBu13

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Open up messaging hit the Settings button go most of the way down to Notification settings and change what you want you can even make it repeat 2 or 10 mins and vibrate

I have that all set, but it still only does 2 short vibrate bursts even tho I have a specific contact set to be a longer vibrate pattern.

Kaylee Brown

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
i have this issue too, i think you cant change it! which is so annoying because the 2 short bursts were what it did on my s3 for facebook messages so i knew the difference, now i dont, would be good if anyone knows what to do .

fosteridier

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
hey guys I was wondering the same thing and search on the app store for a good app to manage the patterns for my sms and well I found mine its working perfect for me

Custume Vibrates by Daniel Stiner (sorry I dont have the link here)

not sure how it works with other notifications but I was looking for sms only and the customization its just fine

kskill

May 1, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys, with the new update to my galaxy s3 i had the same problem. I also figured out how to fix it.
Go to the play store and download an app called vybe. It lets you make customizable vibrations for text, calls, WhatsApp, and Viber as well. AND you can choose to give the same vibration for all contacts or individually. Best Part, its absolutely free. One thing is, when you download it make sure you go to messages-> settings-> and turn off "Vibrate with notifications". Keeping it on will leave the normal double burst vibration as well as the custom one, and it tends to come as an awkward double buzz after the custom one. Wish you all the best of luck!
KSkill :D

Feb 17, 2015
Visit site
See I don't think you should HAVE to be forced to use 3rd party software just to re-enable a feature that USED to exist. This problem only happened with the 5.0 update.

Brian Wagner

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
You could use smart vibrator from the play store. Can make the vibration duration as long as you want as well as how hard you want it to vibrate

Posted via Android Central App