texts showing up in email, why?

oscar615

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
I have three email accounts, all hotmail or msn accounts, setup in the email program that came with the phone. Two days ago, my texts started showing up in all three email accounts. Even if I access the email accounts from my computer and not the phone, the texts are there. So that means the phone is forwarding the texts to the email accounts. Why is this happening and how do I stop it?

H3Dude

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Go into the settings of the accounts on your phone and uncheck SMS to be synchronized with you email account.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AC Forums mobile app

oscar615

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. I don't know how that got turned on. I have never gone that deep into the email settings. And it somehow got turned on to all three accounts just the day before yesterday. How weird is that?

H3Dude

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Cool. Glad it worked. Mine defaulted to that immediately when I set up my account. I freaked out too. It went to my work email.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AC Forums mobile app

Last edited:

yogicheetah

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
i have the galaxy s4 GT-i9500 and theres no sync sms option in the settings.. getting frustrated cause i cant turn it off :(
anybody with some advice??

demarke

Apr 30, 2015
Visit site
I know it's an old thread, but thanks! I just switched to an android and had the same issue, the new software says Sync Messages instead of Sync SMS so I think that confused me because there was no other selection for email and I had assumed that's what they meant by 'messages'

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463