Ringer volumes

Xxw0lfxX

Oct 24, 2009
Visit site
After coming from the Galaxy Nexus, I absolutely love the S4. But I've ran into some questions. On my nexus, when using the volume rocker, it would "link" my ringers & notification sounds and turn them up or down. Is there a way to do this on the S4?

Sent from my Verizon Wireless Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 4 beta.

tytlyf

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
I believe you go to Settings>My Device>Sounds>Volume (first option at top)

From there you can set the volume of certain notifications

Xxw0lfxX

Oct 24, 2009
Visit site
But that's not really what I'm looking for. If I go into a meeting, and turn my volume (using the rocker) down low, my notifications still blast. On my nexus there was an option to link all volumes together with the simple control of the volume rocker.

Quick Settings by Half bat in the store is supposed to do this, but does not allow you to check the box.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
But that's not really what I'm looking for. If I go into a meeting, and turn my volume (using the rocker) down low, my notifications still blast. On my nexus there was an option to link all volumes together with the simple control of the volume rocker.

Quick Settings by Half bat in the store is supposed to do this, but does not allow you to check the box.

Simple answer is No. The easiest way is to either is to put it in Vibrate or Mute by long pressing the power button while unlocked and then selecting one of those two modes.

Xxw0lfxX

Oct 24, 2009
Visit site
From what I understand, I can use Tasker to achieve this process , but I havent quite figured it out yet.

H3Dude

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
You can also just pull down the notification menu and hit the sound toggle. it has three settings.

I find this question funny because in prior Google OS when they were locked together everyone was up in arms on how to seperate them.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AC Forums mobile app

Xxw0lfxX

Oct 24, 2009
Visit site
But I just simply want to link the two sounds together, so when I change my ringer volume from 100% to 80, I'd like my notification volume to also change from 100% to 80%