Can't access screen during incoming calls

Mike Wachholz

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone else had this issue? If I make an outgoing call, I can hit the home button to get my screen back during the conversation. However, if the call is incoming, once I start talking and the screen goes black, I can't do anything until the other end hangs up. I did set my power button to hang up, and that works, but if I want to get to my screen, it means I have to hang up on whoever I'm talking to?!

Thanks,
Mike
Samsung Galaxy S4

tytlyf

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
Try turning off the gesture where your phone turns it screen off when near ear? It should come back on automatically if you take it away from your ear anyways. Not sure.

mmjq

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I'll plus one this, but mine is from T-Mobile. My Galaxy S4 blacks out the screen when I answer an incoming call and won't bring it back. To the suggestion about pulling away from the ear, yes, I've tried every motion, holding it up close, far away. I've tried pressing the power button, the home button, the back button, the menu button. I've tried tapping on it, no luck.

This is a big problem because I can't hang up or mute. There have been some very awkward work calls when people ask, "Lot of noise, can someone go on mute?" No, no I can't. :(

Mike Wachholz

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
I've got mine set now to not blank the screen during a call. This allows me to still get to the phone functions during a call, but I find that my ear presses all kinds of buttons on the screen during the call! Sure would like a fix to this... Good to know I'm not alone...

physioprof

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
I think I remember reading somewhere else that if you use compressed air to try to blow dust away from the proximity sensor that detects your face and turns the screen off it solves this problem.

Mike Wachholz

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
Is that on the top of the phone? All of the sensors on the screen are covered, only the one on the top was open. I noticed mine looked funny in my case, and it had a piece of plastic over it! I removed it, and turned my screen settings back to shut off screen when on a call. We'll see how it works now! Thanks for the tip!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781