jason51873

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
Anyone know what the heck this icon is? Its not even in the users manual :(

33m068m.jpg

blade22222

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried turning off all of the gps options? Looks like it's the gps on symbol. The other one is showing gps lock.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AC Forums mobile app

jason51873

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
Thanks everyone for all the replies. Looks like you guys are correct, it is something using location, but I cant figure out what app is using it.

I tried closing all my running apps, one at a time to see if any of them shut down that icon. But it never went off.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Thanks everyone for all the replies. Looks like you guys are correct, it is something using location, but I cant figure out what app is using it.

I tried closing all my running apps, one at a time to see if any of them shut down that icon. But it never went off.

You can't turn of the E911 location.

Grung

May 27, 2010
Visit site
If you turn on location services (settings/more) it's always on. Any app you open that uses location services is free to access it. If you don't want it on, turn it off in settings.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
If you turn on location services (settings/more) it's always on. Any app you open that uses location services is free to access it. If you don't want it on, turn it off in settings.

You can't turn off the E911 location service. That's what the icon is.

polobuds

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site

It's for location services. Go to settings > more > location services > access to my location.

If you click off, you'll see the radar sign go away. Hopefully this is what you were looking for.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol