Mobile Hotspot

757Dave

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
I have been using a vzw mifi (Novatel 3G) for the past 3 years while traveling. Use it at airports, hotels, while traveling via auto, etc. It has worked for me pretty much all the time. Now that I have the mobile hotspot with the S4 I was wondering about getting rid of the mifi (it is on a seperate contract that I can now cancel.) Anyone else have any experience with making this change? All feedback is appreciated. Thanks.

Ezduzit

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
The only down fall is the battery drain, other than that it works great...and you get to save on the monthly bill.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

757Dave

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. We are going to be traveling this week so we will get to try it out on the road.

Grung

May 27, 2010
Visit site
I travel a lot too and used the same MiFi on Verizon. Throw my tablet in the car along with a slingbox at home and I travel with my TV. The hotspot on my old Rezound was terrible. First thing to check out on my new S4 was the hotspot. Slingbox app reports same connection speed as the MiFi with no dropoffs like the crummy Rez. Been totally happy with it.

Nerelda

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm beyond thrilled to find this thread. I'm about to toss my 3rd Rezound out the window after finally being able to upgrade and the S4 is #1 on my list. However high priority for me is making sure the mobile hotspot works. I have a lot of trouble with it on the Rezound, but is decent when it actually does work. I'm so glad to see that I'm not the only one who had/has this issue with it and even more glad to see that the S4 is reportedly much better. It's a must for my job.

757Dave

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm beyond thrilled to find this thread. I'm about to toss my 3rd Rezound out the window after finally being able to upgrade and the S4 is #1 on my list. However high priority for me is making sure the mobile hotspot works. I have a lot of trouble with it on the Rezound, but is decent when it actually does work. I'm so glad to see that I'm not the only one who had/has this issue with it and even more glad to see that the S4 is reportedly much better. It's a must for my job.

Glad you found the thread helpful. The hotspot is also a must for my wife's work as well. We tried it travelling and all went as advertised.

The only down fall is the battery drain, other than that it works great...and you get to save on the monthly bill.

This is very true. It is really important that you have a way to keep the phone charged or you're battery is going to be drained in no time.

Good luck!