Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree11Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #26  

Default Re: soon to be S4 owner; tell me what to expect!

i've had my S4 for 5 days now. all I can say is wow. coming from the Rezound, this phone is worlds apart. my biggest fear was the overheating that some people are/were having, and I have yet to feel this phone get past warm, even after 20 minutes of video streaming. the slight lag is there, but it doesn't bother me in the least. battery life has been phenomenal. my first full day with the phone, I turned off GPS and bluetooth, took it off the charger at 6:30 am. at 11:30pm, I still had 45% battery, and you know I was fiddling with the phone all day long. video streaming, Candy crushing, downloading apps from the market, etc. I did load up Google now, but noticed a serious pull on my battery life, so I disabled that ASAP. so far, the phone is everything I expected, and with my Spigen slim armor case, is well protected.

Global Posts
    6,221 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

As an S4 owner you should expect minutes, hours, days, and years of inexplicable Bliss. You'll find that you walk around with an otherwise unexplained smile...and people will be jealous. You will want to caress your S4 (it's okay). As an S4 owner you'll be doing your part to make the world a better place.

Not rooted, Stock rom, just Awesome (NSA)
    Live long and prosper.

3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #28  

Quote Originally Posted by Haalcyon View Post
    As an S4 owner you should expect minutes, hours, days, and years of inexplicable Bliss. You'll find that you walk around with an otherwise unexplained smile...and people will be jealous. You will want to caress your S4 (it's okay). As an S4 owner you'll be doing your part to make the world a better place.

my S4's name is Sophia. my wife is quite jealous.

Global Posts
    6,221 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

Oh, I've been there. My wife still scowls at my S4 and Note 8.0

Live long and prosper.

This whole thread ticks me off. The other day my daughter came up to me, gave me the big brown eyes and said "Dad, I broke my S3." So now she has my S4 and I'm back to the DNA. Now, the DNA is a darn good phone. But it's not an S4 Especially now that the update is out! You'll love the S4. Put APex launcher on it to take advantage of that high density screen for a useful home screen, and you'll be a happy camper.
    johnriii likes this.

Global Posts
    634 Global Posts

Say "Daughter. Here's a Droid DNA. It's great. Don't break it or next you're getting a Blackberry. By the time that thing boots you'll be retired." and swap back. The Blackberry should scare her enough.

I'm actually getting my first Android phone in a long while with an S4 soon (sometime in August. It's a business thing so no idea when). I loved my Moto Droid when it first came out and I spent probably 200 hours tinkering with that thing while I had it, but went to iOS as I was over tinkering and just wanted a simple setup with decent performance.

Now I want to tinker again and we have an Android app we're about to put into public beta so I said "I want an S4!". Can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by johnriii View Post
    i've had my S4 for 5 days now. all I can say is wow. coming from the Rezound, this phone is worlds apart. my biggest fear was the overheating that some people are/were having, and I have yet to feel this phone get past warm, even after 20 minutes of video streaming. the slight lag is there, but it doesn't bother me in the least. battery life has been phenomenal. my first full day with the phone, I turned off GPS and bluetooth, took it off the charger at 6:30 am. at 11:30pm, I still had 45% battery, and you know I was fiddling with the phone all day long. video streaming, Candy crushing, downloading apps from the market, etc. I did load up Google now, but noticed a serious pull on my battery life, so I disabled that ASAP. so far, the phone is everything I expected, and with my Spigen slim armor case, is well protected.
    How does the reception compare with the Rezound? I'm fixing to make the same move and that's the only area of the S4 that concerns me, although I'm probably concerned over nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by digitard View Post
    Say "Daughter. Here's a Droid DNA. It's great. Don't break it or next you're getting a Blackberry. By the time that thing boots you'll be retired." and swap back. The Blackberry should scare her enough.

I'm actually getting my first Android phone in a long while with an S4 soon (sometime in August. It's a business thing so no idea when). I loved my Moto Droid when it first came out and I spent probably 200 hours tinkering with that thing while I had it, but went to iOS as I was over tinkering and just wanted a simple setup with decent performance.

Now I want to tinker again and we have an Android app we're about to put into public beta so I said "I want an S4!". Can't wait!
    Not a bad idea. I have a 9930 not doing anything... Or maybe a Z10 with the famous auto-reboot-when-you-least-expect-it feature.

That was bad. I really want the new BB to do well. It's a nice phone, if they can just get the software to work reliably.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #34  

Quote Originally Posted by scottcraft View Post
    How does the reception compare with the Rezound? I'm fixing to make the same move and that's the only area of the S4 that concerns me, although I'm probably concerned over nothing.
    it's at least equal to or better. I never had any issues with the rezound or even the T-bolt before it, but that may be due to my location (Kansas city). most people here have no issues whatsoever with signal strength or dropping in/out of LTE. at least those of us on verizon.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #35  

Quote Originally Posted by MikeLip View Post
    This whole thread ticks me off. The other day my daughter came up to me, gave me the big brown eyes and said "Dad, I broke my S3." So now she has my S4 and I'm back to the DNA. Now, the DNA is a darn good phone. But it's not an S4 Especially now that the update is out! You'll love the S4. Put APex launcher on it to take advantage of that high density screen for a useful home screen, and you'll be a happy camper.
    I almost sprung for the DNA, but I've had three HTC phones in a row. I figured it's time for a change. now, I haven't gotten the update yet, so I'm hoping it doesn't ruin what has been a great experience so far.

I almost sprung for the DNA, but I've had three HTC phones in a row. I figured it's time for a change. now, I haven't gotten the update yet, so I'm hoping it doesn't ruin what has been a great experience so far.
    The update did nothing but improve the S4. There was some stuttering even after disabling a lot of stuff, but the new revision fixed that. You'll love it.

it's at least equal to or better. I never had any issues with the rezound or even the T-bolt before it, but that may be due to my location (Kansas city). most people here have no issues whatsoever with signal strength or dropping in/out of LTE. at least those of us on verizon.
    Thanks, glad to hear it. My Rezound did really well before it stopped acting up, so if the S4 is equal I'll be very pleased.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12