Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Vondutch67
  • 1 Post By fatboy97
  • 1 Post By Averix
  • 2 Post By techgeek32#WN
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Signal issue after update

I updated my s4 for verizon last week and it seemed to fix any lag or any issue I had. But after the update my signal strength seems to be weaker. Anyone in the same boat?

Default Re: Signal issue after update

Yes, I have had the exact same experience: Lag down and so is my phone's overall radio performance. This update was/is a bummer for me.
    SoCalBIGmike likes this.

Forums typically have a lot of problems being posted, but most like this do not say anything about what people have attempted to do to fix these issues... or have you tried nothing? Did you call Verizon? Did you reboot your device? Did you do a Factory Reset? Did you do nothing, but post a complaint here?

Personally, I read this and did not post the first time since I did not have any issues with this update... and I'm sure most of the people that have viewed this thread have not seen any issues with their signal/radio.
    Current: HTC One (M8), Pebble, Chromecast
    Retired Device (in order): Samsung Galaxy S4, Droid Razr Maxx, HTC Thunderbolt, HTC myTouch 4G, Blackberry's Bold, 8900 (Curve)
    Flames Wallpaper
    Jerry: "Love, Peace, and Chicken Grease!!!"
    johnriii likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by fatboy97 View Post
    Forums typically have a lot of problems being posted, but most like this do not say anything about what people have attempted to do to fix these issues... or have you tried nothing? Did you call Verizon? Did you reboot your device? Did you do a Factory Reset? Did you do nothing, but post a complaint here?

Personally, I read this and did not post the first time since I did not have any issues with this update... and I'm sure most of the people that have viewed this thread have not seen any issues with their signal/radio.
    Updating now, so I'll find out soon...
    I miss my friend Matt McQuinn he touched so many lives, and in the end gave his life to protect someone that he loved. I am proud to have known him, and of the choices he made when it mattered. You were a true hero.

"You would not fear my weapon unless your intentions were to provoke my using it"

I got the update today. I am experiencing lag, text messages are lagging on send, cannot connect to Facebook, etc. Also per the other thread, I do not have the wifi toggle in my pull down menu. Several restarts have not corrected the issue, going to try a battery pull. I really do not want to do a factory reset. My superfast new phone is slowing down every week.....

ROM
    Stock on most

Quote Originally Posted by badjujumatt View Post
    I got the update today. I am experiencing lag, text messages are lagging on send, cannot connect to Facebook, etc. Also per the other thread, I do not have the wifi toggle in my pull down menu. Several restarts have not corrected the issue, going to try a battery pull. I really do not want to do a factory reset. My superfast new phone is slowing down every week.....
    The worst part of this update seems to be the delta between the great experience some users are having and the crap experience others are having. Seems like such a wide spectrum of behavior. Since it's all sort of subjective, I guess it is tough to quantify everyone's experience.
    SoCalBIGmike likes this.

Battery pull complete. Weatherbug wont update, the wiget wont work, still have connection issues with apps.....come on wtf verizon.

I had the same issue when I first bought the s4. Go into settings, more networks, mobil networks, then network mode. Make sure LTE/CDMA is checked not global. I did a factory reset after update. Got wifi toggle and all apps work smooth now.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

So did the update put my s4 on global mode? When I went to settings, more settings, mobile nwtworks I am running on global. Do I need to switch to LTE/CDMA?

Yes. It def worked for me

You all really need to do a hard reset. I know that it is a real pain to setup everything from scratch, but you will continue to have some of these problems until you do a factory reset.
    SoCalBIGmike and fatboy97 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by techgeek32#WN View Post
    You all really need to do a hard reset. I know that it is a real pain to setup everything from scratch, but you will continue to have some of these problems until you do a factory reset.
    Totally agree!!!
    Current: HTC One (M8), Pebble, Chromecast
    Retired Device (in order): Samsung Galaxy S4, Droid Razr Maxx, HTC Thunderbolt, HTC myTouch 4G, Blackberry's Bold, 8900 (Curve)
    Flames Wallpaper
    Jerry: "Love, Peace, and Chicken Grease!!!"