Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Amazon App

What is the Amazon app that comes pre installed? Its the one that's orange and black. I can deactivate it but what is it? I can't find it in my app drawer.

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    132 Global Posts

Default Re: Amazon App

I think your talking about the amazon app store. Its pretty much the amazon version of the app store, although they offer a paid app for free everyday. Usually these apps aren't quality, but once in awhile they're surprisingly good.

3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

No. I have that as well. This is a black icon with orange writing that just says Amazon.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    132 Global Posts

Screenshot? I've gone through my app list and can't find what your looking at.

Quote Originally Posted by tvouge View Post
    I think your talking about the amazon app store. Its pretty much the amazon version of the app store, although they offer a paid app for free everyday. Usually these apps aren't quality, but once in awhile they're surprisingly good.

How is the "quality" (as you put it) of the free version of Plants vs. Zombies at the amazon appstore any different than the paid version in the play store?

If I remember correctly the entire reason for the free version of apps at the amazon store was to draw customers to the amazon appstore.
    I miss my friend Matt McQuinn he touched so many lives, and in the end gave his life to protect someone that he loved. I am proud to have known him, and of the choices he made when it mattered. You were a true hero.

"You would not fear my weapon unless your intentions were to provoke my using it"
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Here it is.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Amazon App-uploadfromtaptalk1374096880423.jpg  

Global Posts
    132 Global Posts

Hmm, I *think* it's an account management app that logs you into your amazon account when using the various different amazon apps.

Global Posts
    132 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Live2ride883 View Post
    How is the "quality" (as you put it) of the free version of Plants vs. Zombies at the amazon appstore any different than the paid version in the play store?

If I remember correctly the entire reason for the free version of apps at the amazon store was to draw customers to the amazon appstore.
    For the most part, the apps on the amazon app store are exactly the same as the ones on the google play store (sometimes one store will get updates before another). What I meant was the free app of the day usually isn't anything I'd download, even for free.

For the most part, the apps on the amazon app store are exactly the same as the ones on the google play store (sometimes one store will get updates before another). What I meant was the free app of the day usually isn't anything I'd download, even for free.

That's what I thought..
    I miss my friend Matt McQuinn he touched so many lives, and in the end gave his life to protect someone that he loved. I am proud to have known him, and of the choices he made when it mattered. You were a true hero.

"You would not fear my weapon unless your intentions were to provoke my using it"

I have since removed it, so I can't go back and really answer questions about it, but I think that's probably the "Amazon Mobile" app (not app store), is basically just an app to browse and make purchases of items from Amazon?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....android&hl=en

(I know that icon is different, but if you disabled the app, there's no way to know if it's been updated with a new icon recently).

Quote Originally Posted by paintdrinkingpete View Post
    I have since removed it, so I can't go back and really answer questions about it, but I think that's probably the "Amazon Mobile" app (not app store), is basically just an app to browse and make purchases of items from Amazon?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....android&hl=en

(I know that icon is different, but if you disabled the app, there's no way to know if it's been updated with a new icon recently).
    It's different than that. I have both the app you give there and the one he's talking about with the icon he gave.

I'd guess this is right:

Hmm, I *think* it's an account management app that logs you into your amazon account when using the various different amazon apps.

12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Yes. This is correct. I found it.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Amazon App-uploadfromtaptalk1374207847732.jpg