Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    40 Global Posts

Default Verizon software update 1 week later.

Hello,

I still have yet to apply the new Verizon update to my S4, I have been weary after hearing claims of poor battery life after the update.

Please chime in and give your opinion on the condition of your S4 now that about a week has passed, anything from snappiness of the phone in general to battery life and anything in-between. This would be very helpful to a lot who are still waiting to apply the update!

ROM
    aokp 34

Default Re: Verizon software update 1 week later.

i agree on the battery live mine was great not problems at all used to unplug when i got up then by the time i got to work (5 mile drive) still had like 98% today i had 92% so much different that is no use at all pretty much just prob about 35-45 min off the charger the phone does seem a little quicker but nothing major
    SoCalBIGmike likes this.

My battery life was worse for a few days and now it is back to normal. I did do a factory reset after the install.
    Thanked by:

ROM
    aokp 34

yeah i have thought about trying a factory reset may have to just dont want too lol

I haven't really noticed a dip in battery life. Seems about the same for me.

Battery life is the same for me. Pretty good actually for the use of this device... Computer in your pocket!

Posted via Android Central App

ROM
    aokp 34

restarted my phone yesterday didnt seem to help then today i shut it down waited a few min then back on seemed to have helped lol so we will see

and this update is coming OTA now? not just through samsung kies?

Quote Originally Posted by johnriii View Post
    and this update is coming OTA now? not just through samsung kies?
    I pulled my update down OTA. haven't had any issues with battery or otherwise so far just no WiFi toggle. Don't want to factory reset for a toggle though.
    Thanked by:

ROM
    aokp 34

ok battery is still sucking... was at 100% 2.36 hours off charger and was at 60 the strange part is screen wasnt the highest usage was goodle services at 51% google sercises framwork google play account manager contacts sync and location that i dont even have on seems strange. screen was 34% 48 minutes

ROM
    aokp 34

also wanted to add phone has rebooted on its own randomly 2 times today grrrr guess its time to try the factory data reset...

Quote Originally Posted by steveinil View Post
    also wanted to add phone has rebooted on its own randomly 2 times today grrrr guess its time to try the factory data reset...
    Mine too. Only did it once, but I am starting to have flashbacks to my HTC Thunderbolt days!
    htc One M8, Galaxy s4 retired, htc Thunderbolt retired

Sent from my Atari 2600

Mine has been about the same as before the update in terms of battery life. Good battery life before and after. It seems more snappy but not sure if I'm imagining it. I've never had a random reboot, everything has been great.

ROM
    aokp 34

How do you post screenshots on here can't remember lol I want to post battery usage

Posted via Android Central App
    cgj

Usually, my battery is around 90% at lunch time. This is at ~5 hours off charge. I just looked (lunch time) and see that the battery is at 61%. My usage shows mostly screen.

ok battery is still sucking... was at 100% 2.36 hours off charger and was at 60 the strange part is screen wasnt the highest usage was goodle services at 51% google sercises framwork google play account manager contacts sync and location that i dont even have on seems strange. screen was 34% 48 minutes
    Had the same problem today with Google services using a ton of battery. Did a restart and it seems to of fixed it for now... I have noticed about a 15% overall increase in battery usage over a ten hour period since the update.

ROM
    To embarrassed to say

Quote Originally Posted by Raistiff View Post
    Had the same problem today with Google services using a ton of battery. Did a restart and it seems to of fixed it for now... I have noticed about a 15% overall increase in battery usage over a ten hour period since the update.
    yeah i have thought about trying a factory reset may have to just dont want too lol
    So I fixed my battery life with an update to the play store.

VRUAME7 - battery drain issue? - Page 2 - xda-developers

Post 14 has the fix. Don't need to be rooted, just flash the new play store .apk Fixed mine yesterday, was just fine today.
    SPOOOOON

I have definitely noticed a drop in battery as well. Has anyone else noticed issues with A2SD? I started moving apps over, then about halfway through the phone rebooted. After that a bunch of the apps showed the sd card logo with the sd letter in the lower right corner where the app used to be. Both in forlders and in the app drawer. I reinstalled some of the apps and moved them to sd again, and a few were fine after that, but a few dissappeared again. Any ideas?

Everytime i try to update it stops halfway through and it says error and the update fails does anyone know what could be the problem or how to fix this?

ROM
    Stock on most

Quote Originally Posted by JLeung1 View Post
    Everytime i try to update it stops halfway through and it says error and the update fails does anyone know what could be the problem or how to fix this?
    Is your phone completely stock? No rooting, no freezing/deleting of apps? Does it stop during download or install? Have you tried doing it OTA vs. Kies vs. Verizon Update tool?

Yea its stock no freezing of any apps or anything like that it stops during install and ive only done it OTA

Loving life post update. Granted I had to do the factory reset but definitely less lag, better reception and a wifi toggle. Battery life is still as good as it was pre update.

Global Posts
    168 Global Posts

I did the update OTA and don't have any problems with battery life. Phone seems fine.
    Notsosure likes this.

Can someone tell me how to do it through Kies since it keeps giving me an error OTA

Quote Originally Posted by JLeung1 View Post
    Can someone tell me how to do it through Kies since it keeps giving me an error OTA
    Kies giving you an error? You with verizon? I just plugged my phone to my laptop and started kies. Had to install a new version of keis before it worked. But the new version notification should come up for kies. Once finished with installing new version of kies it told me there is a new update for the s4. Just followed the procedure and it went pretty smoothly.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast