My picture doesn't show up by my name when texting

Lara1317

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
Sorry if I don't use the correct term, but I believe I'm referring to the chat heads. My picture and my friends' pictures were showing up fine during text messages until I restarted my phone the other day. My friends' pictures still show up when I text them, but my picture is now blank. I uploaded a picture to use and that shows up when I look at myself in Contacts, but it does not transfer and show up in text messages. I've tried Googling this problem since that's what I normally do when I need an answer, but nothing seems to show up. Any ideas?

steveinil

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
humm not sure your pic showes up in contacts right at the top of the list with your name? i just added a pic of me on mine then whent to text thread and it showed up are you useing the stock text (messenger) app?

BPD007

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
I was having the same issue with my S4.

Click the contact image from your txt message. This should open up your contact info. Click your profile image and select it AGAIN, or select a different photo.
Save anfd return to your txt messages. You should now see your contact photo appear in your txt messages.

smauls

May 25, 2013
Visit site
I had the same thing happened and when i looked i wasn't signed into google +. Once i signed back in my profile was restored to my contact. If you look you probably dont see your google profile as the first contact.

lisa56

Feb 11, 2015
Visit site
I have the same issue. I have a photo of myself in My Contact, as well as I am linked to Google plus with a photo. My photo is there when I send a text and then later when the person replies, my photo is gone. I have called and gone to my carrier - they sent me to the tech store and no one can figure out why my photo disappears. All my contacts that I text, their photo stays for as long as I have the text... weird! I wish someone could help with this... it seems minor - but since the 4.4.4 upgrade, certain things aren't the same.

lisa56

Feb 11, 2015
Visit site
My Google+ plus picture is on my Google+ account, which is attached to My Contact info on my phone. I acc=identally deleted my Google + picture. Now that I have added it back - I can't get the Google+ photo to connect with My Contact information. Can anyone help with that?

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech