Verizon Galaxy S4 Update and Fast Wifi Tether app

vrodaddict

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
Looking for someone to confirm that Fast Wifi Tether app (free version) still works after the new upgrade being pushed out by Verizon. If anyone has this still working or it some who upgraded their phone can try this app and report that would be great! I also wanted to let folks know that Fast Wifi Tether is a great app and works great on the Verizon S4. I still have the grandfathered unlimited plan and have been sharing out my 4G connection on long road trips with the family. Don't want to lose this capability because of the new update so I am holding off until I can confirm.

Thanks!!!

Last edited:

vrodaddict

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
Though I should mention that Free Wifi Tether does not require root access and is super simple to use. Please take a few minutes to check it out and if you have an upgraded Verizon phone report back here. It looks like hundreds of folks are curious based on hit count. Thanks!

Last edited:

Tahoe916

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
I don't need wifi tethering but just tried it out on my upgraded Verizon out of curiosity and to help you out. I get a popup Verizon error saying a subscription is required but after choosing "Go to My Verizon Mobile" it starts working anyway. I went through the sequence twice and both times I was able to connect my iPad through it. After I turn Wi-Fi back on it does that popup again when running it again.

vrodaddict

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
Quick shout to all saying I have upgraded my phone and verified Tahoe916 results. I have the same. Free Wifi Tether still works as described by Tahoe916.

swc2001

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Well no one replied but I have found out that Foxfi works perfect on the MJ7 update for the Verizon S4

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk