Lockscreen wallpaper issues

Sam Barsuhn

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
So I recently got my galaxy s4, it is also not rooted and whenever I change the lockscreen wallpaper it just switches to a kid running with balloons. The only way I can get it to actually work is if I switch it to a default wallpaper and then switch it to the one I want. I'd really prefer not to have to do that every time. This is my first post so if I did anything wrong, sorry. But thank you for any help.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
So I recently got my galaxy s4, it is also not rooted and whenever I change the lockscreen wallpaper it just switches to a kid running with balloons. The only way I can get it to actually work is if I switch it to a default wallpaper and then switch it to the one I want. I'd really prefer not to have to do that every time. This is my first post so if I did anything wrong, sorry. But thank you for any help.
Welcome to the forums! It's a bit odd that you have to go through this every time. Is the wallpaper the same as the desktop? Or are you selecting two different wallpapers?

Sam Barsuhn

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
They are the same. It will change the wallpaper to what I want if I restart the phone but I would prefer to not have to do that every time. Also it seems that for some wallpapers it works as it should right away and others it doesn't. I'm trying to think if there's any other additional information, but there's nothing off the top of my head. Thanks for any help in advance

Sam Barsuhn

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
I just tried a myriad of ways of changing the lockscreen wallpaper. Both from the sd card and from internal storage and also from the galaxy app and from the menu on the home screen and all of a sudden everything is working fine. The only thing that has changed on my phone is me turning off quick glance because that isn't working where as all of the other gesture features besides screen capture do, and I uninstalled a task killer because I heard that would fix quick glance.

KingGrimlock

May 8, 2010
Visit site
the only time this has happened to me was when i changed the lockscreen effect. for example, when i'm using the default light one, i can change the wallpaper without any problems. if i change it to the ripple one, then it keeps going back to the kid and the balloons...

rahul tr

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
sir
my new samsung galaxy s4 having 1 issue
that is its lock screen showing my facebook photos ineed to change it to normal lock screen how can i do it?

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
sir
my new samsung galaxy s4 having 1 issue
that is its lock screen showing my facebook photos ineed to change it to normal lock screen how can i do it?

This sounds like you did something with Facebook... check the settings in Facebook... under settings of Facebook there is a "Use as Lock Screen"... uncheck that!!!

LunaRaven80

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
the only time this has happened to me was when i changed the lockscreen effect. for example, when i'm using the default light one, i can change the wallpaper without any problems. if i change it to the ripple one, then it keeps going back to the kid and the balloons...

I'm new and this is my first post so sorry if I'm off here.
I know this was a while ago but I have the same issue and this little task of changing my unlock effect fixed the problem and then showed my wallpaper change right away.
Still annoying though. I'm looking for the next firmware update to fix this among other things.

ana granlund

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
Having same issues on Xperia S
Unable to change lock screen, tried turning it off removing battery and going through different ways in the menu. The only way I could change it was to change the actual wallpaper :/ Sort it out Android -.-

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockpaperreality36