Anybody know how to get rid of this? Recommended apps?

PConly11

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
Any body know how to get rid of the music recommended apps in the notification menu? Appears when headphones are plugged in....Screenshot_2013-08-05-17-52-03.jpg

PConly11

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
I don't see a pagebuddy option.

I know you could turn this off on the Note 2 as I am coming from that device.

Weird that you cannot turn it off on a newer device

MAK85

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
You can change it.

Go to Settings>More>Application manager>ALL>PageBuddyNotiSvc>Disable....

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One using AC Forums.

Hi Almeuit - will disabling PageBuddyNotiSvc have any other implications or will it simply remove the 'Recommended Apps (Earphones' feature? Are there other recommended apps notifications OR other things disabling PageBuddyNotiSvc will get rid of?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Hi Almeuit - will disabling PageBuddyNotiSvc have any other implications or will it simply remove the 'Recommended Apps (Earphones' feature? Are there other recommended apps notifications OR other things disabling PageBuddyNotiSvc will get rid of?

There should be no other effects from disabling it. That service is strictly for that page buddy thing in the notification bar. As others have said in the older galaxies there was an option to turn it off but in the S4 they got rid of the option for some reason... So disabling the service is the next best thing :).

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Oh MAK almost forgot.. If it did do anything bad you can just scroll to the bottom and re-enable... But I am 99% sure it won't.

hot-dani

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
Guys if you just untick show notifications that works too no need to disable just letting everyone know :)

Posted via the Android Central App