1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Vibration Pattern Won't Change

Have had my s4 for a couple months now and love it. Only issue I have is changing the vibration pattern. I set a custom pattern, one of the default ones, doesnt matter. All I get is one loooooooooooong vibration. Very annoying. Anyone know a solution? Thanks.

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: Vibration Pattern Won't Change

Quote Originally Posted by danielson2047 View Post
    Have had my s4 for a couple months now and love it. Only issue I have is changing the vibration pattern. I set a custom pattern, one of the default ones, doesnt matter. All I get is one loooooooooooong vibration. Very annoying. Anyone know a solution? Thanks.

Is this only with email, or have you tested text messages and/or any other apps?
    Current: HTC One (M8), Pebble, Chromecast
    Retired Device (in order): Samsung Galaxy S4, Droid Razr Maxx, HTC Thunderbolt, HTC myTouch 4G, Blackberry's Bold, 8900 (Curve)
    Flames Wallpaper
    Jerry: "Love, Peace, and Chicken Grease!!!"

I have the same problem, and for me it's any notification i get. Texts, emails etc

Quote Originally Posted by Wraithvlad View Post
    I have the same problem, and for me it's any notification i get. Texts, emails etc

Did you setup a custom pattern, or are you just trying to change the pattern to something else? Personally, I have never tried to use a "custom" pattern... I use "Heartbeat" as my default vibrate pattern for the device.

Additionally, did you try using a different text messaging app... currently I enjoy using Textra, but have also used Handcent, and for a while Go SMS Pro. You can setup different patterns for text messages using these apps... personally, I prefer to leave the normal pattern for emails, and then use Textra or one of the other text messaging apps to use their Multiple Long vibrate patterns. This way I can tell if I'm getting a text message or just an email without pulling out my phone every time it goes off.
    Current: HTC One (M8), Pebble, Chromecast
    Retired Device (in order): Samsung Galaxy S4, Droid Razr Maxx, HTC Thunderbolt, HTC myTouch 4G, Blackberry's Bold, 8900 (Curve)
    Flames Wallpaper
    Jerry: "Love, Peace, and Chicken Grease!!!"