1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Texting question

This is just something annoying I'm noticing with this phone and I'm hoping someone here knows a quick fix!

1. Whenever I open a text conversation with someone, it has the first message I sent them (weeks ago) at the top and I have to scroll the whole way to the bottom to see what they just texted me. Is there a way to put the newest text messages received on the top so I don't have to scroll?

2. My old phone would automatically correct spelling mistakes. Is there a way to have this phone do that? It suggests the right word, but I misspell/mistype it and it doesn't correct me! I'm not sure how to find that setting.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Default Re: Texting question

Go to Settings/Language & input, and scroll down to Keyboard & Input Methods. Tap on the settings icon next to the keyboard you use (e.g., Google keyboard). You should find an Autocorrection selection there.

Default Re: Texting question

Quote Originally Posted by Lindsay Pucci View Post
    This is just something annoying I'm noticing with this phone and I'm hoping someone here knows a quick fix!

1. Whenever I open a text conversation with someone, it has the first message I sent them (weeks ago) at the top and I have to scroll the whole way to the bottom to see what they just texted me. Is there a way to put the newest text messages received on the top so I don't have to scroll?

2. My old phone would automatically correct spelling mistakes. Is there a way to have this phone do that? It suggests the right word, but I misspell/mistype it and it doesn't correct me! I'm not sure how to find that setting.

Any help is greatly appreciated!
    i don't know about question number 1, because it should automatically show you the most recent text message.
    in regards to question 2, the samsung s3 was like that too. for the s4, i downloaded the the google keyboard from the google play store (this is the keyboard that's on vanilla android phones). the bad thing is you'll lose the row of numbers up at the top. but you can long press the top row of letters for the numbers (plus, i'm coming from a galaxy nexus, so i'm used to it.)
    "Me, Grimlock, no bozo. Me king!"