Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Default Picture and Music Storage to SD Card

New to the S4. Is there a way to default storage of pics and music to the sd card?

Default Re: Default Picture and Music Storage to SD Card

If you're using the stock, Samsung camera app then yes, there's a setting inside that allows you to set the default storage (as long as you have an SD card inserted, of course). The Music app, however, does not (or at least it didn't without a hack the last time I used it).

If you have the Google version, then the stock Google camera app doesn't have an option to save to SD card either.

I don't know about the music, but you can store pics on SD card. You do it in the camera settings.

Yeah it's easy. You just go to the Google play play, settings [the cog in under the main menu], then find "Storage Location" and set that to External [it will read xx GB External - were xx is the size of the card]

There you go, local music storage.

Thing is that the S4 [and the S3] will just recognize music that's been written to the "MUSIC" folder anyway, regardless of where it the default storage is located.

I know this was posted in 2013, but it came up in a search for storage on the S4, so I thought I'd actually answer it for other people doing a search on this topic.

Have fun

What's the "Google play play"?