Model number switch

Sam Barsuhn

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
I recently did a factory reset on my galaxy s4 because of some issues that I think had to do with downloading some third party software. The model number used to be the normal i9505 but now it's sch-1545. Does this matter at all? Will it change anything? For example will it prevent me from getting updates?

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I recently did a factory reset on my galaxy s4 because of some issues that I think had to do with downloading some third party software. The model number used to be the normal i9505 but now it's sch-1545. Does this matter at all? Will it change anything? For example will it prevent me from getting updates?

I had to do a factory reset a few weeks ago for different reasons and have the same model number in my settings. I don't remember seeing that other model number. I don't think there is going to be any issue.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Ok thanks. Do you know why it would switch after a factory reset?

Like I said, I don't remember seeing that other model number.... but when I go to Samsung's website and look at the Verzion version I see it says it is the SCH-I545. I'm not positive, but I thought the i9505 was the international version, not a US version.

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site

Ok thanks. Do you know why it would switch after a factory reset?

Are you absolutely sure that happened, or is this just speculation? The i9505 is the international version, and I don't even think that it would work on Verizon. If you have a Verizon phone, the model number should be sch-i545

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34