Anyone find a GS4 32GB with MDK?

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
So has anyone been able to find a GS4 32GB with MDK on it, either from a 3rd party Verizon reseller, Amazon.com or some other site? Just in case the GN3 disappoints though I doubt it will I need a back up plan.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
I'm a little behind times and have no idea what MDK is :-\
Is this the latest and greatest version or something along those lines?
Just ordered my 32GB black from Verizon yesterday.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I'm a little behind times and have no idea what MDK is :-\
Is this the latest and greatest version or something along those lines?
Just ordered my 32GB black from Verizon yesterday.

The MDK firmware will allow you to root and there is a way around the bootloader so you can install a custom recovery and get custom ROM's. Whatever you do (though unlikely) if you do get an MDK do not accept the OTA unless you plan to never ever do a custom recovery for ROM's. You can root do a lot with root but I personally love to root, rom and tweak the hell out of my hardware.

- - - Updated - - -

Yo. 32GB MDK build from Amazon.

If the Note 3 fails to impress I will likely have to go back to the GS4 and order from Amazon.

GatorPT

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
Yes, I bought it from Verizon not long ago! I was hoping it came with MDK, first thing I did was check! Second thing I did was have my root files ready to install!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AC Forums mobile app

dark77star203489

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
Yes, I bought it from Verizon not long ago! I was hoping it came with MDK, first thing I did was check! Second thing I did was have my root files ready to install!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AC Forums mobile app

A 32GB Verizon white that I ordered directly from Verizon four days ago shipped with ME7. :-( I had one with MDK, but blindly accepted the update because it said, "Security Update".

I SHOULD have known that they meant "Security for us to protect our control over your phone". Now, I know better: too late for my poor phone though.

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
If you really want a phone you can root, I'm not sure that the GN3 will be the answer...I'd expect it to be just as locked down as the S4 is.

Also, as more time passes, the likelyhood of getting any device with MDK on it is probably getting slimmer.

Not trying to rain on anyone's parade, because I too find the ability to root and install custom ROMs important, but that is the reality of it. I'm lucky that I got my S4 and rooted it before ME7 came out...but I'm pretty sure my next device will be a Nexus.

busa2006

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
If you really want a phone you can root, I'm not sure that the GN3 will be the answer...I'd expect it to be just as locked down as the S4 is.

Also, as more time passes, the likelyhood of getting any device with MDK on it is probably getting slimmer.

Not trying to rain on anyone's parade, because I too find the ability to root and install custom ROMs important, but that is the reality of it. I'm lucky that I got my S4 and rooted it before ME7 came out...but I'm pretty sure my next device will be a Nexus.

I think the nexus will be my next option as well...If LG not spoof it up and give us the exact samething that is in the LG G2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21