- 1 Posts
SD Card Problems
I am now on my third S4 and now my SD card does not work. Photos and music cannot be saved onto it. The phone shows some of my old pictures but I am unable to take new ones. I also keep getting an "SD card removed" and "SD Card damaged" message. I never had this problem with my last two phones and take really good care of my stuff so there's no possible way it could be damaged. Anyone else having this problem?
- 08-24-2013, 04:28 PM #2
Re: SD Card ProblemsCurrent: Samsung Galaxy S4, Nexus 7 tablet, Chromecast
Retired Device (in order): Droid Razr Maxx, HTC Thunderbolt, HTC myTouch 4G, Blackberry's Bold, 8900 (Curve)Flames Wallpaper
Jerry: "Love, Peace, and Chicken Grease!!!"
- 08-24-2013, 08:11 PM #3
- 08-24-2013, 09:57 PM #4
- 08-25-2013, 05:39 PM #5
- 08-27-2013, 08:50 AM #6
- 368 Posts
Re: SD Card Problems
I've had the "card damaged" message twice this month and this is how I fixed it.
Sometimes the file system on the card gets corrupted. It can happen for example if the card was ejected while a file operation on it was in progress. When that happens you might have trouble accessing some of the files, loading times for some directories in file explorer may be very slow.
You can attempt to fix it using the desktop windows' built-in chkdsk utility.
Open up command prompt (start->run->cmd.exe) and type
chkdsk /X /F <SD card drive letter>
My SD card reader is X:\ drive, so i would use the following command:
chkdsk /X /F X:
SD card reader is recommended of course
- By c blaize in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 7Last Post: 10-05-2013, 12:37 PM
- By anindit pan in forum Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300Replies: 1Last Post: 08-24-2013, 09:25 PM
- By kingkhalil in forum Samsung Galaxy S3Replies: 2Last Post: 08-24-2013, 02:11 PM
- By jgordon5 in forum HTC OneReplies: 1Last Post: 08-24-2013, 01:05 PM
- By Shadow8088 in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly BeanReplies: 4Last Post: 08-24-2013, 12:46 PM