SD Card Problems

jabroneous

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
I am now on my third S4 and now my SD card does not work. Photos and music cannot be saved onto it. The phone shows some of my old pictures but I am unable to take new ones. I also keep getting an "SD card removed" and "SD Card damaged" message. I never had this problem with my last two phones and take really good care of my stuff so there's no possible way it could be damaged. Anyone else having this problem?

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I am now on my third S4 and now my SD card does not work. Photos and music cannot be saved onto it. The phone shows some of my old pictures but I am unable to take new ones. I also keep getting an "SD card removed" and "SD Card damaged" message. I never had this problem with my last two phones and take really good care of my stuff so there's no possible way it could be damaged. Anyone else having this problem?

SD Cards do not last forever, and they can fail. You might want to try to get a USB SD Card adaptor... you can insert your SD card into them and then plug that into a USB port on a PC... then check to see if you can read your data off it and possibly recover anything. Then I'd reformat it, using FAT32.

blade22222

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
SD Cards do not last forever, and they can fail. You might want to try to get a USB SD Card adaptor... you can insert your SD card into them and then plug that into a USB port on a PC... then check to see if you can read your data off it and possibly recover anything. Then I'd reformat it, using FAT32.

+1 on that.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AC Forums mobile app

GS4Bob

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
If you go to Settings>More>Storage...at the bottom there you can remount the card. It should be fine at least until you reboot.
My att s4 had this issue and it was solved once they pushed an update in early July.

Sent from my GS4 using Tapatalk 4

qxr

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
I exchanged my 1st S4 for this problem. Still happens occasionally but not for minutes at a time while trying to take pictures. Thank goodness costco offers 90 days for refund/exchange.

Posted via Android Central App

OhAlfie

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I've had the "card damaged" message twice this month and this is how I fixed it.

Sometimes the file system on the card gets corrupted. It can happen for example if the card was ejected while a file operation on it was in progress. When that happens you might have trouble accessing some of the files, loading times for some directories in file explorer may be very slow.
You can attempt to fix it using the desktop windows' built-in chkdsk utility.
Open up command prompt (start->run->cmd.exe) and type
chkdsk /X /F <SD card drive letter>
My SD card reader is X:\ drive, so i would use the following command:
chkdsk /X /F X:
SD card reader is recommended of course

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke