- 104 Posts
Wireless Charging S4, what's normal heat level?
I have Samsung's OEM wireless charging cover, and it's working great. Only minor heating (~32°C). Downside is it's noticeably thicker than the normal cover, and limits case choices.
So I tried the supper slim wireless charging insert from Amazon (the 0.6mm one). It's certainly slim, but it heats up something fierce (45°C).
Any thoughts on what's safe? What temp will harm the battery?
To the EE folks, is the heat a function of the slimness? The smaller/thinner the mag coil, the more heat?
Last edited by exempli_gratia; 08-26-2013 at 02:00 AM.
- By The Patman in forum Verizon HTC RezoundReplies: 15Last Post: 10-13-2013, 08:14 PM
- By ianmorris75 in forum Verizon HTC RezoundReplies: 8Last Post: 08-30-2013, 10:04 PM
- By Fwafwow in forum Motorola Droid MAXXReplies: 4Last Post: 08-25-2013, 01:35 AM
- By gemniii in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0Replies: 2Last Post: 08-24-2013, 10:33 PM
- By quietlybrilliant in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 1Last Post: 08-24-2013, 10:18 PM