Suddenly unable to move apps to SD card and photons won't save there either.

BigTimeMFCEO

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys,

Randomly the other day I noticed that I was getting an error updating any apps that were saved on my SD card out of curiosity I checked where my photos were saving, defaulted back to device.

I popped my SD card out plugged it into my PC and don't have any trouble writing files to it on my computer.

Any insight here would be much appreciated, thanks!

STSVA

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys,

Randomly the other day I noticed that I was getting an error updating any apps that were saved on my SD card out of curiosity I checked where my photos were saving, defaulted back to device.

I popped my SD card out plugged it into my PC and don't have any trouble writing files to it on my computer.

Any insight here would be much appreciated, thanks!

I'd try putting in back in the phone and see if you can access the SD card files with a file browser app.

STSVA

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Sounds like the card is OK and being read by the phone's operating system, so I'd try moving something to the card.

STSVA

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
'Unable to move app' is the message I get when attempting to do so.

Is it still doing that now that you put the card back in the phone? Also, have you tried a test photo. since putting the card back in to see if a photo. file will save to the card?

BigTimeMFCEO

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
Is it still doing that now that you put the card back in the phone? Also, have you tried a test photo. since putting the card back in to see if a photo. file will save to the card?

Yes, still doing that. Get the "cannot write file to sd card, changing storage to default" error when taking a picture.

*EDIT

Was just able to find another card, it worked fine. That'd be the problem.

Last edited:

Capnwalker

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
I had this same trouble ( i had used the card in another android and just transferred it to the new phone)
If the computer is still reading the card.. did you try copying everything onto your computer and then re-formating the card? Place it in phone and see if that works now. If it does, place it back into the computer and then copy the data back onto the card. If it doesn't work after you copy it, you may just have some bad data on the sdcard. ( this happened awhile ago, so I can't remember what the "bad data" was

maxie248

Jun 14, 2015
Visit site
Been tearing my hair out for the past couple of days with the same problem. Suddenly I couldn't move apps and no camera images were being saved then remembered I had installed adblocand plus and changed port and proxy settings. Uninstalled, changed settings back under network provider and suddenly everything works perfectly again!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma