Textra MMS settings

flybub

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Hey all. I've had the s4 for about 2 months and it had been a great phone. The last couple days though the messaging app has been horrendously slow so i downloaded textra and it has been great except for one thing. Whenever I get a text I get a notification telling me to check my mms settings. Group messaging also doesn't work when I am on wifi. I'm assuming because the app doesn't know to switch to mobile data but who knows. I checked use mobile data for mms but it doesn't matter what I do I still get the warning. Any suggestions what to do?

Posted via Android Central App

Graphixx30

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm using Textra as well and don't have any issues. I didn't have to do anything special to configure it. In my MMS settings I have nothing checked and the Send Size Limit to 1MB. If I do click on the Manually Configure APN settings there are fields already filled out:

MMSC: http://mms.vtext.com/servlets/mms
MMS Proxy: empty
MMS Proxy Port: 0

Try filling those in and see if it works for you.

flybub

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the help! None of the mms settings were filled in on my app so we'll see what happens. Thanks again, much appreciated

Posted via Android Central App

Jae Haeri

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
I'm using Textra as well and don't have any issues. I didn't have to do anything special to configure it. In my MMS settings I have nothing checked and the Send Size Limit to 1MB. If I do click on the Manually Configure APN settings there are fields already filled out:

WORKED PERFECTLY!! Thank you!!

biggcountry2

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Hey Graph, your input really helped me out. I appreciate the info as my HTC One for Verizon didn't have the APN settings entered. Now my MMS messages are going through fine now. I like this Textra app!

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
My only issue with Textra is how some people receive my pics. They come in as videos and all have 0.jpeg as the name. This seems to primarily be the case when sending to my wife on her S3.

FuzzyB

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Anybody know how to save an image or picture sent to you in textra?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AC Forums mobile app

jules20

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
Click on the picture to open it up, tap on the bottom of the picture & the option should appear. It takes me about a few taps by the time the option pops up

merkaba

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site

Thanks so much! that worked perfectly!

soosun

Jan 18, 2014
Visit site
Hi Everyone,

Any clue what the MMSCand MMS Proxy info should be for HTC on ATT?

Can't believe tetra doesn't send pictures.

Thanks!
Susan

VillaRegina

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
In Settings you can select to Auto Save to Gallery
I just downloaded Textra today on my Samsung Galaxy Note II. I set the Settings to automatically save the pictures texted to me to my Gallery. I just got my first 2 pictures in the same text and cannot find them in my Gallery... any suggestions? So I long - pressed on the picture expecting to see a menu where one choice is to Save the Picture but that doesn't work anymore... any suggestions? Thanks for your time!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney