1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    643 Global Posts

Default Best non-root working wifi tether app?

Can anyone suggest a functioning wifi tether app for the S4 on vzw?

I have unlimited data and my Fattin Wifi toggle widget no longer works and I get a popup nag screen for the vzw mobile hotspot.

Any suggestions?

Global Posts
    13,799 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Default Re: Best non-root working wifi tether app?

Quote Originally Posted by Oj467 View Post
    Can anyone suggest a functioning wifi tether app for the S4 on vzw?

I have unlimited data and my Fattin Wifi toggle widget no longer works and I get a popup nag screen for the vzw mobile hotspot.

Any suggestions?
    I am not sure if any not root wifi tethers work. Most of the carriers have closed almost all of the loop holes.

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu
    Community Guidelines and also here

I think FoxFi PDA+ net works but it's not a free app.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4

Svtp works it gives you an error message but if you hit the home key it still works they will eventually come up with a fix for it

Posted via Android Central App

Correct, not free... but I think it's like $7.00 or $8.00 flat rate, no subscription or anyting like that, so for me, it's definitely worth the price!

its free!!!!!!!!!!!!! for those who dont know you can download foxfi and PDA they are free to download and than look for Foxfi key online and open it, and guess what. you got wifi hotspot for free without paying 7 or 8 dollars for it.

I dont have an GS4, actually thinking of replacing my Bionic with a Note 3. But I'm wondering with the newer VzW devices, if they still locked down and do their best to prohibit the mobile hotspot that is built into the phone? Looks at this thread, I'm assuming that that do, since people are using FoxFi? What about the people using the share everything plan that included mobile hotspot? are they not using the phones built in capabilities? But a 3rd party Vzw app? just wondering. thanks

I actually tested it in the store with the free version of svtp and it gives you the error message but if you hit the home key you should be ok. It worked on the gs4 so I am pretty happy a 14 dollar investment was well worth it.

Global Posts
    653 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock!

Quote Originally Posted by jetguat View Post
    I dont have an GS4, actually thinking of replacing my Bionic with a Note 3. But I'm wondering with the newer VzW devices, if they still locked down and do their best to prohibit the mobile hotspot that is built into the phone? Looks at this thread, I'm assuming that that do, since people are using FoxFi? What about the people using the share everything plan that included mobile hotspot? are they not using the phones built in capabilities? But a 3rd party Vzw app? just wondering. thanks
    Whether Verizon cares is related to your plan. If you have a Share Everything plan, they don't care. Use the included Mobile Hotspot app and you are good to go. If you still have an Unlimited Plan...well, then they care much more.