1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    217 Global Posts

Default Making Bluetooth Calls/Commands While S4 Locked?

So I got (another) new BlueTooth headset- a Plantronics Voyager Legend, which I love by the way. I want to use it to originate calls from my SGS4 as well as answer them. But every time I got to make a call my phone is locked and so doesn't respond to holding down the call button till you get the tone. That means I have to pull the phone out, use the swipe pattern to unlock it so I can make a call.....What I wonder is if there isn't something I am missing with S-Voice that would let me get around this yet still keep my phone auto-locked in case I lose it in the city so no one can get my info.

I think I programmed the setting right and recorded my "Hey Galaxy" recording to wake the phone up....does that NOT work if you lock your phone?
    --------------------------
    Samsung Galaxy S4 32GB Black on Verizon
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 4G/LTE on Verizon
    Samsung Galaxy Gear - Jet Black

Default Re: Making Bluetooth Calls/Commands While S4 Locked?

BUMP - Looking for the same solution.
    Quote Originally Posted by pwscott View Post
    So I got (another) new BlueTooth headset- a Plantronics Voyager Legend, which I love by the way. I want to use it to originate calls from my SGS4 as well as answer them. But every time I got to make a call my phone is locked and so doesn't respond to holding down the call button till you get the tone. That means I have to pull the phone out, use the swipe pattern to unlock it so I can make a call.....What I wonder is if there isn't something I am missing with S-Voice that would let me get around this yet still keep my phone auto-locked in case I lose it in the city so no one can get my info.

I think I programmed the setting right and recorded my "Hey Galaxy" recording to wake the phone up....does that NOT work if you lock your phone?

Default Re: Making Bluetooth Calls/Commands While S4 Locked?

To place calls while locked.
    Open the Phone app, call settings, call accessories, outgoing call conditions.
    Make sure "Even when device locked" is selected.