Sudden Battery Issue?

OregonRob

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
Hey loyal Android techies...

Anyone seen or heard any reports of sudden (Like within the last 48 to 96 hours) battery issues with their S4?

When I got the thing in June it always averaged with regular use for me between 17 and 21 hours on battery... With the same use the last 3 or 4 days I've noticed it lasts like 4 or 5 hours!

I installed the Landscape Background App last week, so I thought maybe that was it.. Nope... No change.. it died after about 5 hours at work today! >.< (And I don't have my cord with me!!! )

I went through, disabled most of the junk apps I don't use, hasn't changed the issue at all... Honestly don't know what the heck is going on, but I'm disappointed to say the least, especially if its going to be like that for the next 21 months until I can get an upgrade!

Other Info: Stock S4 from Verizon... Pretty sure the last I saw it was running 4.2.2...

sstephen17

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
You might need to refresh the cache for Google Play Services. I've run into battery problems after doing factory resets. Settings > More > Application Manager > All (swipe across) > Google Play Services. Hope this helps.

STSVA

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
What does the info. in the battery section of the phone's settings menu show as using battery? Anything unusual showing up there?

Maddog241

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Yep, yesterday and today especially, horrid battery life. I have not installed or updated or changed anything. When I checked my battery report, Google Services was way over the top. I have rebooted and am charging now. Hopefully that will fix it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjammmin007