What are Notifications and How do I Stop Them
I just switched from a iPhone to the S4. I hate my phone making noises...especially since I dont have a clue why. All I want is the ringer to make noise and any text message to make a noise. Facebook, email, every other noise I dont want. Is there a blanket way to shut off everything besides the phone ringer and SMS messages? Is an SMS message considered a notification?
Thanks for any help explaining this
- 09-24-2013, 10:03 PM #2
- 09-25-2013, 09:13 AM #3
Re: What are Notifications and How do I Stop Them
Based on what your desired behavior is, here's what I would do...
Go to "Settings --> Device tab --> Sounds"
Set the default notification sound to "Silent"
Then, go into the Messages app (or whatever app you use for SMS), and go into the settings for the app and set the notification you want from there, since this will now override the default setting.
*Some apps may override the default notification sound by their own default settings, in which case, as mentioned above, you can simply go into the settings for those apps and disable them.
- By NRJD in forum Sony Xperia ZReplies: 1Last Post: 09-30-2013, 12:15 AM
- By Kris Nelson in forum Verizon LG G2Replies: 5Last Post: 09-27-2013, 11:55 AM
- By gone down south in forum Google ChromecastReplies: 7Last Post: 09-26-2013, 08:00 AM
- By longtime44 in forum AT&T Galaxy S IIReplies: 2Last Post: 09-25-2013, 08:43 AM
- By goodevening in forum Samsung Galaxy PrecedentReplies: 2Last Post: 09-24-2013, 08:00 PM