- 1 Posts
Help with corrupted pictures, big issue!
I was helping a friend free up some space on his Galaxy S4.
We put a Mini SD card in and moved his pictures to it. We went into the settings, then to storage and selected the gallery. When pressing down on it, it gave us a "Move" option. Once selected, that let us move all of the images to the SD card.
Now the images show as being there (there is a generic icon for each image) but they will not display on the phone.
I tried popping the SD card into the computer to view them as well but that did not help either.
Can anyone give me any ideas on what I could do?
- 10-03-2013, 03:46 PM #2
- 452 Posts
Re: Help with corrupted pictures, big issue!Samsung Galaxy S4 (Verizon - SCH-I545) - Android 4.3
- 10-04-2013, 12:47 PM #3
Re: Help with corrupted pictures, big issue!
Yeah, sounds like files may have been corrupted in transfer? This is why you should always *copy* files from source to destination instead of move, that way you can verify the files were transferred successfully before deleting the originals.
May be time to restore from a backup...at the very least hopefully your friend uses the auto-upload features of Dropbox or Google Drive.
- By Jowiii3 in forum AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 6Last Post: 11-08-2013, 03:00 PM
- By GuyWith4Kids in forum Motorola Droid MAXXReplies: 13Last Post: 10-29-2013, 06:56 PM
- By InfoSeek in forum Sprint Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 4Last Post: 10-07-2013, 09:59 PM
- By konen_knife in forum HTC OneReplies: 3Last Post: 10-03-2013, 09:42 PM
- By riki26 in forum Google Nexus 4Replies: 6Last Post: 10-03-2013, 07:36 PM