Unlock Verizon Galaxy S4?

huckleberry87

Jul 18, 2014
Visit site
I have a verison samgung galaxy s4 sgh-i545 and when i put a att sim card in it says non verison sim detected really would like to use straight talk but cant with this issue any one kno what to do

Posted via Android Central App

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I have a verison samgung galaxy s4 sgh-i545 and when i put a att sim card in it says non verison sim detected really would like to use straight talk but cant with this issue any one kno what to do

Posted via Android Central App

Yes it will display the message, but it should still work. If you have root, there are ways to remove it.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

fatherton

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
was just given a verizon s4. i would like to use a pre paid service, but 4g lte is a must. what carriers will my verizon phone be able to pick up their 4g lte signal?

twindragons187

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
was just given a verizon s4. i would like to use a pre paid service, but 4g lte is a must. what carriers will my verizon phone be able to pick up their 4g lte signal?

Only Verizon lte will work . You can use the hspa+ which is just a very fast 3g (usually att, t mobile)

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AC Forums mobile app

camarosrus

Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
Re: Unlock Verizon gs4

I am a newbie and tech is difficult for me to comprehend.

I bought what I believe to be a new/never used Verizon branded Galaxy S4 from a private party.
This phone is NOT activates with anybody
I followed Junior's instructions and changed to GSM/UTS

I currently have another phone, a activated Straight Talk LG phone using a 30 day Straight Talk card (not a SIM card)

I don't understand this............. "AS for the APN settings in order to get internet, just google them... i had my best luck with HSPA+ settings to attain fastest speeds

I read on a certain unlocking site ..........................
"All SAMSUNG devices manufactured after the date of JULY 2013 and Samsung devices running on Android version is Android 4.4 (KITKAT) are subject to REGION LOCKING

If your phone has been used previously with the original carrier, this will not apply to you. However, if your device is BRAND NEW, your must activate it with the original carrier and make a call of 5 minutes or longer.

I still need to comprehend what my best value options are for activating my VERIZON branded Galaxy S4. Verizon store offered me a prepaid $30 plan for unlimited voice & text with 1 Gig
of data. As I understood the V store employee the towers I would have access too, would be different than Verizon contract customers.

IF you reply, please slowdown and try to come down to my beginner level.........Thanks in advance

twindragons187

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I have a verizon s4 on straight talk. . Somehow I'm getting lte? I'm using an att straight talk sim. ..

Attachments

• 1410996189043.jpg
    1410996189043.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 34
  • 1410996201252.jpg
    1410996201252.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 34

Haleigh Wharton

Sep 19, 2014
Visit site

I would like to know if I can switch my verizon galaxy s4 to straight talk. If I can, can someone please help me in the process.

Thank you

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I would like to know if I can switch my verizon galaxy s4 to straight talk. If I can, can someone please help me in the process.

Thank you
Take the straight talk sim and put it in the phone, change the network mode to gsm(settings - more settings-mobile networks - network mode) , then edit the apn from the mobile networks menu. It is on straight talk website.

http://www.straighttalkbyop.com/program.php

Sent from my LG G Pad 8.3

STIFFLER91

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site

BBTree,
Thanks for your info, I did the steps you posted, and Sorry if this sounds elementary but how I can confirm the unlock method stuck? A golden back up did exist and my I545 rebooted after on its own. Also what all carriers can I use with an unlocked I545 and with LTE data speeds? Sprint? I have a sprint L720 S4 also and have read this can be done as well but I need to downgrade the modem to MDC from MF9. It's not clear but hints that some have found it unlocks domestic also and is actually what I'm hoping for. Oh I also have a need to do the same for a VZ S3 i535 hoping to get this to work on sprint with 3g or higher data. Currently is only getting EDGE on Straight Talk.
Any help would be greatly appreciated

STIFFLER91

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site

Haleigh, yes you can. You will need to get the "BYOP" Sim card from Walmart or ST website then enter the APN in the phones settings. You will most likely not get more than EDGE (2G) for data unless the phone is unlocked

Brad Tankersley

Jan 15, 2015
Visit site

I have been working on this 4 a couple of months. Cricket screwed me on this cdma thing and now it's vengenance. I have discovered it is NOT locked, it is software locked. Samsung tech support has told me these phones will work gsm or cdma. i have now figured out how to get it into odin mode where it can be flashed. and now looking for software. cricket is nothing but a bunch of liars thieves and cons.

khriztian704

May 12, 2012
Visit site

ok guys im new to this .. I have bought a galaxy s4 (Verizon) from somebody... but when I try to unlock it by following those codes the gave, nothing happens on the phone. is this means there is something wrong with the phone??.... none of those codes that start with the *#... works nothing happens any help as to why ??

RickyLuong

Sep 21, 2015
Visit site
Hi everyone, I am new with android phone Samsung Galaxy s4 Verizon but I am using Ultra mobile SIM card on it. Everything is fine But only one issue that is I can not send text message. Does anyone has the same problem like mine?

A6A6

Sep 18, 2015
Visit site
Hey all. Here is my issue.

I have a Verizon S4.
I will be visiting a area where only atnt service works.
In was thinking of getting a Atnt Go sim card and inserting into my S4.
I called Verizon and asked to be sure if my phone was unlocked and also explained my dilema and they said it was but if I put another sim card into my phone it would not work and also I would be voiding my contract with them..
I wish not to void my contract because I am still grandfathered in on the unlimited data plan and currently use close to 12 gigs per month.

Anyone know if this I an possible and how I can go about doing it?
Also....is there any truth to what the customer service rep said about voiding the plan?

I would need to swap sim cards once a day.... I travel to this place for work for 10 hours a day then once I get to the hwy I want to put my Verizon card back in..

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol