So for a couple of days now the external speaker won't work for media. Whether it's youtube, music, Netflix, or whatever. Interestingly headphones still work, even more interestingly it will work for a few seconds after I restart the phone and then shuts off. Also I figured out if I make a call and enable speakerphone that works, and if I turn on YouTube or music during a call with the speaker on, YouTube etc., will play through the speaker. Any ideas? I uninstalled all recent updates to apps and have reset the phone multiple times. I have no idea what to do without trying a factory reset, but I really don't feel like doing that yet. On a side note I also occasionally experience a problem filling forms on a website, I'll be able to input txt for a while, and suddenly it will just quit working. The keyboard still shows up, but I can't input or delete txt until I close my browser and restart. Hence why I had to edit this post. That might be material for a second post though. I am using dolphin beta and SwiftKey keyboard. Thanks in advance.
    10-03-2013 09:52 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Try wiping the system cache partition, which is only temporary system data that can sometimes muck things up, especially if you've done a recent system update. You won't lose any important personal data. Follow these instruction: How to Enter Recovery Mode on the Samsung Galaxy S4 - TheUnlockr

Then select Wipe Cache Partition. When that's done, select Reboot System Now.
    eglinor likes this.
    10-04-2013 12:19 AM
    When I select wipe cache partition it has an error then restarts. The phone not the wipe
    10-04-2013 01:03 AM
    Might be time to do a full Factory Data Reset, then.
    10-04-2013 02:44 AM
    This actually worked for me

Thanks boss
    10-23-2013 10:48 PM
    The best solution

Welcome to Android Central! Try wiping the system cache partition, which is only temporary system data that can sometimes muck things up, especially if you've done a recent system update. You won't lose any important personal data. Follow these instruction: How to Enter Recovery Mode on the Samsung Galaxy S4 - TheUnlockr

Then select Wipe Cache Partition. When that's done, select Reboot System Now.
    03-07-2014 08:35 AM
    Hi...my volume of my galaxy volume settings is right..but if i play a song the volume is so soft..please help
    03-15-2014 07:39 PM