Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By B. Diddy
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Interesting media volume problem

So for a couple of days now the external speaker won't work for media. Whether it's youtube, music, Netflix, or whatever. Interestingly headphones still work, even more interestingly it will work for a few seconds after I restart the phone and then shuts off. Also I figured out if I make a call and enable speakerphone that works, and if I turn on YouTube or music during a call with the speaker on, YouTube etc., will play through the speaker. Any ideas? I uninstalled all recent updates to apps and have reset the phone multiple times. I have no idea what to do without trying a factory reset, but I really don't feel like doing that yet. On a side note I also occasionally experience a problem filling forms on a website, I'll be able to input txt for a while, and suddenly it will just quit working. The keyboard still shows up, but I can't input or delete txt until I close my browser and restart. Hence why I had to edit this post. That might be material for a second post though. I am using dolphin beta and SwiftKey keyboard. Thanks in advance.

Default Re: Interesting media volume problem

Welcome to Android Central! Try wiping the system cache partition, which is only temporary system data that can sometimes muck things up, especially if you've done a recent system update. You won't lose any important personal data. Follow these instruction: How to Enter Recovery Mode on the Samsung Galaxy S4 - TheUnlockr

Then select Wipe Cache Partition. When that's done, select Reboot System Now.
    Thanked by:
    eglinor likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

When I select wipe cache partition it has an error then restarts. The phone not the wipe

Might be time to do a full Factory Data Reset, then.

This actually worked for me

Thanks boss

The best solution

Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    Welcome to Android Central! Try wiping the system cache partition, which is only temporary system data that can sometimes muck things up, especially if you've done a recent system update. You won't lose any important personal data. Follow these instruction: How to Enter Recovery Mode on the Samsung Galaxy S4 - TheUnlockr

Then select Wipe Cache Partition. When that's done, select Reboot System Now.

Hi...my volume of my galaxy volume settings is right..but if i play a song the volume is so soft..please help