Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Ringtone Volume jump

When the phone rings the volume starts out REALLY low and then after about 1.5-2.0 seconds jumps to volume that I have set. Which app/fix do you all think is best? thanks!!

Default Re: Ringtone Volume jump

I use disable increasing ring works great and is free. Haven't noticed any battery difference with or without it installed. Been using since late july/early august.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by michaeldroid77 View Post
    When the phone rings the volume starts out REALLY low and then after about 1.5-2.0 seconds jumps to volume that I have set. Which app/fix do you all think is best? thanks!!
    The answer from jhnnyblze2000 is a good answer, but I thought I would add some additional information.

First, this has been discussed in previous threads in these forums, but I don't have a link. I think that the consensus from those discussions was that the low volume initial ring is by design, and that there is no setting on the phone to change it.

The "Disable Increasing Ring" mentioned by jhnnyblze2000 is a free app in the Play Store which restores the full ring volume:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...singring&hl=en

I also use that app and it does exactly what it is supposed to do. And if after installing it, you follow the instructions in the Play Store information to uncheck the "Show notifications" box in the Application Manager settings for the app (the box only shows in the Downloaded or All views), you never need to even know that it is running.

Larry
    Thanked by:

Only gripe I had with this phone is finally gone thanks to everyone in this thread this is why I love the android central community
    OG-DX-Fascinate-D2-Thunderbolt-Bionic-Rezound-Galaxy Nexus-Razr-Razr M-DNA-GS4-Note 3-Note 4-?