Can't Bluetooth dial without unlocking screen first

MillieD

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
My S4 will not dial by Bluetooth unless I unlock the screen first. I have it on the setting to dial even when screen is locked, but it doesn't work. This makes it very difficult to make calls while driving, which is the main reason I use Bluetooth in the first place. Does anyone have a fix for this?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
My S4 will not dial by Bluetooth unless I unlock the screen first. I have it on the setting to dial even when screen is locked, but it doesn't work. This makes it very difficult to make calls while driving, which is the main reason I use Bluetooth in the first place. Does anyone have a fix for this?

I thought S Voice could be used when the screen was locked.

danhartman26

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
Not sure if this is the fix, but I saw a setting that may do it for you...

Open the phone dialer, hit the phone menu button, go to settings, go to call accessories, from there it has an option to allow outgoing calls from bluetooth while device is locked.

Hope that helps.

Posted from my Galaxy S4 via Android Central App

tech_head

Q&A Team
Aug 25, 2010
Visit site

Open the phone dialer, hit the phone menu button, go to settings, go to call accessories, from there it has an option to allow outgoing calls from bluetooth while device is locked.

Hope that helps.

Forgot about that.
Dialer -> Call Settings -> Call Accessories -> Outgoing Call Conditions
Select -> Even when device locked.

aznmode

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

Hope that helps.

Forgot about that.
Dialer -> Call Settings -> Call Accessories -> Outgoing Call Conditions
Select -> Even when device locked.

Thanks guys. I must've disabled mine somehow on my note 3 and thought it was an issue with the kitkat update. Works now when its locked or screen off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabrieldavis