1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Bluetooth connection problems with car audio

Recently upgraded to an S4. Previously with my other 2 phones(Razr and Bionic) I would just hop in and if the bluetooth was on and previously paired, it would just connect. Not so much with the S4. I pair it and when I pair it in connects and everything works perfect(media audio and phone).

Problem arises on my next trip when I get in the car. The phone has bluetooth on but it doesnt connect. Even manually going into settings and clicking for connection doesnt work. A lot of the time, the only way to make it work is to delete the BT profile in the car, unpair the phone, and start the whole process through. Really a hassle

I have downloaded two apps(A2DP Volume and Bluetooth Autoconnect). This has made it better but not entirely fixed it. By better I mean now SOMETIMES when I get in the car it does connect but this behavior is not consistent and for the love of me I cant figure out why it's acting the way it is. It is a new car, a 2013 FR-S, so its not like the bluetooth is outdated. Plus, it worked with all my previous phones and all of my friends phones. Anyone have this issue?
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Bluetooth connection problems with car audio

Ok, followup after playing with it some more. It seems like with my current setup in A2DP volume, I am getting some consistency. When I hop in, it usually will not connect, and when it doesnt, seems like resetting the bluetooth in the phone is doing the trick. I will report back should I continue seeing this behavior, or not maybe

I have this same issue. I have a 2013 Hyundai Sonata. No problems with my previous phone (RAZR MAXX). Same problems you are having with S4. If anyone has figured out a solution please share it.

I installed Bluetooth Auto Connect from the Play Store. In the app settings - Events I checked "Auto connect every time Bluetooth has been turned on." This seems to cleared the issue I was having with Bluetooth connecting to my 2013 Hyundai Sonata. App doesn't seem to have any effect on battery.
    Thanked by:

Thanks for the app name! i worked