Global Posts
    45 Global Posts

Default Re: Jellybean 4.3 update coming 10/28/13

Yay~

Woot

Posted via Android Central App

I'll believe it when I start see my fellow Verizon S4 owners post they have the update.

If this actually comes tomorrow, I will be looking up in the sky for the flying pigs and checking the ski report for Hell.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
    Thanked by:
    msokad likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by markkelley View Post
    If this actually comes tomorrow, I will be looking up in the sky for the flying pigs and checking the ski report for Hell.

That is not an official VZW announcement and little or nothing happens to VZW phones unless we hear an official VZW announcement on the VZW news site.

Quote Originally Posted by japetty View Post
    That is not an official VZW announcement and little or nothing happens to VZW phones unless we hear an official VZW announcement on the VZW news site.
    Yep.

So am im London at this writing with my US based VZ S4. If/when the VZ update roll out happens, is it wise to update the firmware if the option is available to me?
    Any thoughts/suggestions appreciated. Peace

Breathe... you'll feel better!
    GalaxyNote3/S4;RazrHD/Maxx;Droid3/2;Z6c/tv;E815;V710;V60s/i;EricssonT39m;StarTac7868/7860;MicroTacElite;UltraClassic II
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

According to what I read. This update being pushed so quickly to the US carriers is because of slow sales of the galaxy gear. Look at the times, they are in prime holiday shopping dates.

Posted from my Galaxy Note 2 via Android Central App

Quote Originally Posted by jpriest007 View Post
    According to what I read. This update being pushed so quickly to the US carriers is because of slow sales of the galaxy gear. Look at the times, they are in prime holiday shopping dates.

With both the S3 and S4, it seems most of the American carriers have been releasing updates at or around the same time, at least with the last few that were pushed out. I'm not sure if this is because Verizon has loosened their own internal QA process when it comes to Samsung updates or they are doing a better job at coordinating releases or [insert any other reason here], but at least lately Verizon hasn't been months behind like they have been in the past.

Having said that though...

1. This is a "leaked" schedule, and it's highly possible that this schedule has changed since it was leaked. The update may be released today, may be tomorrow...may be a week from now. Either way, I do expect that most of the American carriers will release around the same time, based on the past few that we've seen for this line of phones, but I wouldn't start going nuts if these dates don't turn out to be 100% accurate.

2. Verizon seldom releases much info on updates until they are actually released. The fact that Verizon hasn't published any public announcement regarding the software update doesn't really mean too much, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Hghlndr View Post
    So am im London at this writing with my US based VZ S4. If/when the VZ update roll out happens, is it wise to update the firmware if the option is available to me?
    Any thoughts/suggestions appreciated. Peace

If it were me, I'd wait until I was back in the states. There's a very good chance your phone won't even register the update as being available until you're able to contact a Verizon tower back home, but even if it is, it's probably much safer to wait. If something were to go wrong and you'd need to reset the phone, you may have issues registering on the network...or a number of other things may go amiss.
    dsignori likes this.

Global Posts
    53 Global Posts

I first got the notification for the update on Friday.
    I have been delaying the install until I heard from other folks about any potential issues...
    Palm1000-> Palm Pilot Pro-> PalmIII-> PalmIIIx-> PalmVx-> Kyocera 7135-> Treo 650-> Centro-> Droid Incredible2-> Samsung Galaxy S4

Quote Originally Posted by chshrkt View Post
    I first got the notification for the update on Friday.
    I have been delaying the install until I heard from other folks about any potential issues...
    Are you sure it was for the 4.3 update? There was another firmware update that just rolled out that doesn't update us to 4.3.

Global Posts
    53 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by garublador View Post
    Are you sure it was for the 4.3 update? There was another firmware update that just rolled out that doesn't update us to 4.3.
    Nope, I am not sure it was for 4.3.
    I kind of assumed it was since folks have been talking about it... was not aware of another firmware update.

The notification just says "Software Update", no indication of what kind.

I am currently on 4.2.2
    Palm1000-> Palm Pilot Pro-> PalmIII-> PalmIIIx-> PalmVx-> Kyocera 7135-> Treo 650-> Centro-> Droid Incredible2-> Samsung Galaxy S4

its probably the pre 4.3 update we all did about 2 weeks ago? or less, stays on 4.2.2 it added a few things like optical reader and some other small things/fixes

Nothing over here yet.

Friday it was a Samsung Account update only. No 4.3 update in NJ yet.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AC Forums mobile app

According to Android Central it looks like monkeys will be flying. I'm shocked and happy. I'm shappy.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Here's the Droid Life post:

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

It's up on OTA now.
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  

Happy that it came on schedule. I hope that it arrives on time for my note 2.