OTA update fails sticks at "downloading do not turn off target"

dustmanion

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
Well the title pretty much says it all. I am running ME7 right now, and i am rooted. I am attempting to update using the OTA update and it downloads fine. Prompts me to install now or later. Then boots to the infamous Downloading Do Not Turn Off Target screen. I can get the phone back to running fine by booting into the download os page and canceling, but i would really like to update as im tired of the notification. Also i am attempting to keep root using SuperSU. (might be the issue)? and i cant remember but i may have uninstalled some apps that were included on the phone while i was not thinking. (i know this may also be causing the problem)

i have searched for the past 2 days some but all i can find is info on getting out to the Downloading page which i already knew...

any suggestions? and if at all possible i would like to keep root but whatever is suppose

note* i have safestrap installed as well

tech_head

Q&A Team
Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
My phone crapped out the other day. So I had to re-install using ODIN.
You cannot take an OTA with a custom recovery.
The recovery must be fully stock and the bloatware needs to be in place.
I'm guessing your issues stem from having safestrap.

You can use ODIN to flash this update and there is a root method that required flashing again in ODIN.

Go over to XDA -> Root De La Vega - I545VRUDMI1 - xda-developers for root instructions.

BoltsRUs

May 3, 2012
Visit site
Guys, which version of Odin works with the Vzw GS 4. I'm having this same issue after rooting. I have no way to enter recovery via TWRP or CWP and my root package didn't have an Odin file to use. Looking at XDA Dev site I don't see a version for the sch-i545. I just want to get the update installed.

liddellw1

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
ODIN 3.1
Guys, which version of Odin works with the Vzw GS 4. I'm having this same issue after rooting. I have no way to enter recovery via TWRP or CWP and my root package didn't have an Odin file to use. Looking at XDA Dev site I don't see a version for the sch-i545. I just want to get the update installed.

HeyRobi

Oct 14, 2012
Visit site
I had the same problem. I pressed vol down, home key, power and rebooted using battery pull. I canceled update and it rebooted. I got a screen saying upgrade failed. notification went away. If the fortification to upgrade comes back I will unfreeze all my bloatware and try again.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheOzarks