Verizon Galaxy S4 - Security Notice After Update to 4.3

sleepy_dad

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
After updating to Android 4.3, I'm getting a new silver shield icon in the notification bar and the security notice below. Does anyone know anything about this? Is it legit? Has anyone tried updating the policy?

2013-10-29 20.01.51.jpg

takehiro12

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
Re: Security Notice After Update to 4.3

After updating to Android 4.3, I'm getting a new silver shield icon in the notification bar and the security notice below. Does anyone know anything about this? Is it legit? Has anyone tried updating the policy?

View attachment 89346
Apparently related to KNOX security, I tried updating but still get this notice whenever I connect to WiFi. Can only be disabled on rooted phones, I've read.

Randomhero180

May 23, 2011
elementdesignllc.com

I am getting this same notification all the time too.

It also looks like my phone is auto connecting to open wifi networks, which it isn't supposed to and that's when this message pops up.

A fix would be greatly appreciated!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

blanco112

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site

Getting the same warning. Started early this afternoon. I wish it would tell me what app was the problem. I noticed it was starting with my wifi as well so I disabled JuiceDefender, but that didn't work. I turned on "Auto Network Switch" under advanced wifi options so I shut that off to see if that's causing it. Crossing my fingers.

STSVA

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site

With the various improvements from the update, it seems Verizon or Samsung had to put something in that was really annoying to balance things out. :p

sleepy_dad

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site

I tried updating the policy, but it said I already had the latest version.

This is pretty annoying. I get it every time I change WiFi networks.

Posted via Android Central App

Randomhero180

May 23, 2011
elementdesignllc.com

FYI. I did a factory reset last night and haven't had this security issue since.

Not the ideal fix, but it seems to have fixed the issue.

cliffy223

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site

Same issue here and it is annoying. I might try some of the suggestions posted if nothing changes in a week.

Posted via Android Central App

MBM7881

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site

FYI. I did a factory reset last night and haven't had this security issue since.

Not the ideal fix, but it seems to have fixed the issue.

Oh man I hate doing factory resets

Sent from my GT-N8013 using AC Forums mobile app

Randomhero180

May 23, 2011
elementdesignllc.com

Oh man I hate doing factory resets

I hear ya, but I was over that stupid grey shield really quick... I was desperate.

Still no grey shield though after 3 hours of begin out and about after factory reset. Looks like it did fix the issue.

Tim Martin3

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site

I was having the same issue. I can not stand having that constantly pop up. I searched for ways to prevent it from coming up. So far, the only thing that appears to have worked is resetting my phone back to factory default. I did that about 5hrs ago and I have not had the popup since. I will keep you all posted. (not rooted, stock as it came from VZW)

Maddison6

Oct 30, 2013
Visit site

I think I may have found a way to go around the factory reset. When it pops up in the drop down menu, long hold the notification until it says to go to app. At that point force stop the application. It has worked so far, hopefully it stays that way.

edgefever

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site

Only thing that worked for me, was a factory reset, that also tweaked a couple other things that look different since the reset.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AC Forums mobile app

saleen1207

Oct 30, 2013
Visit site

Try this, it's worked for me so far for the last 10 hours. Instead of going through the mess of factory resetting go settings>more>application manager>all>knox notification manager>then clear the cache and data. I was getting the shield notification every 10-15 mins since doing the update and this solved the problem.

CMS859

Oct 30, 2013
Visit site

Try this, it's worked for me so far for the last 10 hours. Instead of going through the mess of factory resetting go settings>more>application manager>all>knox notification manager>then clear the cache and data. I was getting the shield notification every 10-15 mins since doing the update and this solved the problem.

This works temporarily but a restart and the notification is back.

MBM7881

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site

I think I may have found a way to go around the factory reset. When it pops up in the drop down menu, long hold the notification until it says to go to app. At that point force stop the application. It has worked so far, hopefully it stays that way.

I'm going to try this. I definitely don't want to do a factory reset. I just did one last week when the last update came from Verizon. Took me 2-3 hours to have my phone running my way

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1