Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 122
Like Tree11Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Verizon Galaxy S4 - Security Notice After Update to 4.3

    After updating to Android 4.3, I'm getting a new silver shield icon in the notification bar and the security notice below. Does anyone know anything about this? Is it legit? Has anyone tried updating the policy?

    Verizon Galaxy S4 - Security Notice After Update to 4.3-2013-10-29-20.01.51.jpg
    Thanked by:
    skidoo 
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Security Notice After Update to 4.3

    Quote Originally Posted by sleepy_dad View Post
    After updating to Android 4.3, I'm getting a new silver shield icon in the notification bar and the security notice below. Does anyone know anything about this? Is it legit? Has anyone tried updating the policy?

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-10-29 20.01.51.jpg 
Views:	506 
Size:	168.6 KB 
ID:	89346
    Apparently related to KNOX security, I tried updating but still get this notice whenever I connect to WiFi. Can only be disabled on rooted phones, I've read.
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Security Notice After Update to 4.3

    I am getting this same notification all the time too.

    It also looks like my phone is auto connecting to open wifi networks, which it isn't supposed to and that's when this message pops up.

    A fix would be greatly appreciated!

    Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
  4. #4  
    blanco112's Avatar

    Posts
    9 Posts
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts

    Default Re: Security Notice After Update to 4.3

    Getting the same warning. Started early this afternoon. I wish it would tell me what app was the problem. I noticed it was starting with my wifi as well so I disabled JuiceDefender, but that didn't work. I turned on "Auto Network Switch" under advanced wifi options so I shut that off to see if that's causing it. Crossing my fingers.
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Security Notice After Update to 4.3

    With the various improvements from the update, it seems Verizon or Samsung had to put something in that was really annoying to balance things out.
    Samsung Galaxy S4 (Verizon - SCH-I545) - Android 4.3
    STARGATE likes this.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

    Default Re: Security Notice After Update to 4.3

    I tried updating the policy, but it said I already had the latest version.

    This is pretty annoying. I get it every time I change WiFi networks.

    Posted via Android Central App
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Security Notice After Update to 4.3

    yea i get this constantly....every 15 mins or so. Hopefully we can find a fix soon
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Security Notice After Update to 4.3

    FYI. I did a factory reset last night and haven't had this security issue since.

    Not the ideal fix, but it seems to have fixed the issue.

    Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Security Notice After Update to 4.3

    Might be Knox ... there is an app Knox Disabler on Play Store for rooted phones.
  10. #10  
    cliffy223's Avatar

    Posts
    63 Posts
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Security Notice After Update to 4.3

    Same issue here and it is annoying. I might try some of the suggestions posted if nothing changes in a week.

    Posted via Android Central App
  11. #11  
    MBM7881's Avatar

    Posts
    636 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,158 Global Posts
    ROM
    Ice Cream Sandwich

    Default Re: Security Notice After Update to 4.3

    Quote Originally Posted by Randomhero180 View Post
    FYI. I did a factory reset last night and haven't had this security issue since.

    Not the ideal fix, but it seems to have fixed the issue.

    Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    Oh man I hate doing factory resets

    Sent from my GT-N8013 using AC Forums mobile app
  12. #12  

    Default Re: Security Notice After Update to 4.3

    Quote Originally Posted by MBM7881 View Post
    Oh man I hate doing factory resets

    Sent from my GT-N8013 using AC Forums mobile app
    I hear ya, but I was over that stupid grey shield really quick... I was desperate.

    Still no grey shield though after 3 hours of begin out and about after factory reset. Looks like it did fix the issue.

    Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
  13. #13  

    Default Re: Security Notice After Update to 4.3

    Exact same problem here too. I better not have to do a factory reset to fix VZW and Samsungs mistake.
  14. #14  

    Default Re: Security Notice After Update to 4.3

    my wife is getting the same thing. she says it's very annoying.
  15. #15  

    Exclamation Re: Security Notice After Update to 4.3

    I was having the same issue. I can not stand having that constantly pop up. I searched for ways to prevent it from coming up. So far, the only thing that appears to have worked is resetting my phone back to factory default. I did that about 5hrs ago and I have not had the popup since. I will keep you all posted. (not rooted, stock as it came from VZW)
    Thanked by:
  16. #16  

    Default Re: Security Notice After Update to 4.3

    I think I may have found a way to go around the factory reset. When it pops up in the drop down menu, long hold the notification until it says to go to app. At that point force stop the application. It has worked so far, hopefully it stays that way.
    Thanked by 3:
  17. #17  

    Default Re: Security Notice After Update to 4.3

    Only thing that worked for me, was a factory reset, that also tweaked a couple other things that look different since the reset.

    Sent from my SCH-I545 using AC Forums mobile app
  18. #18  

    Default Re: Security Notice After Update to 4.3

    Try this, it's worked for me so far for the last 10 hours. Instead of going through the mess of factory resetting go settings>more>application manager>all>knox notification manager>then clear the cache and data. I was getting the shield notification every 10-15 mins since doing the update and this solved the problem.
    Thanked by 3:
  19. #19  

    Default Re: Security Notice After Update to 4.3

    Quote Originally Posted by saleen1207 View Post
    Try this, it's worked for me so far for the last 10 hours. Instead of going through the mess of factory resetting go settings>more>application manager>all>knox notification manager>then clear the cache and data. I was getting the shield notification every 10-15 mins since doing the update and this solved the problem.
    This works temporarily but a restart and the notification is back.
    Thanked by:
  20. #20  
    MBM7881's Avatar

    Posts
    636 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,158 Global Posts
    ROM
    Ice Cream Sandwich

    Default Re: Security Notice After Update to 4.3

    Quote Originally Posted by Maddison6 View Post
    I think I may have found a way to go around the factory reset. When it pops up in the drop down menu, long hold the notification until it says to go to app. At that point force stop the application. It has worked so far, hopefully it stays that way.
    I'm going to try this. I definitely don't want to do a factory reset. I just did one last week when the last update came from Verizon. Took me 2-3 hours to have my phone running my way

    Sent from my GT-N8013 using AC Forums mobile app
  21. #21  

    Default Re: Security Notice After Update to 4.3

    Quote Originally Posted by CMS859 View Post
    This works temporarily but a restart and the notification is back.
    Has anyone restarted after a factory reset?

    Wondering if it come back then as well...
  22. #22  

    Default Re: Security Notice After Update to 4.3

    Quote Originally Posted by Randomhero180 View Post
    Has anyone restarted after a factory reset?

    Wondering if it come back then as well...
    I did, it doesn't come back.
    Thanked by 2:
  23. #23  

    Default Re: Security Notice After Update to 4.3

    I'm getting the same thing... I cleared and disabled KNOX. I've tried restarting/killing the update service... it just keeps coming back. I'd hate to have to do a reset, especially not even knowing if that will fix the issue.
  24. #24  

    Default Re: Security Notice After Update to 4.3

    Quote Originally Posted by stingray2772 View Post
    I'm getting the same thing... I cleared and disabled KNOX. I've tried restarting/killing the update service... it just keeps coming back. I'd hate to have to do a reset, especially not even knowing if that will fix the issue.
    It has been confirmed by about 3 people, myself included, that a factory reset does in fact take care of the issue.
  25. #25  

    Default Re: Security Notice After Update to 4.3

    Sorry... I just saw that you just posted a bit ago asking if it would work and haven't posted that it hasn't been back... I'd kind of like to see it go more than a day without the notice. After everything I tried yesterday it went away until this morning when it popped back up.
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Used Nexus 7 - Need Advice on what to check before purchase
    By C5Longhorn in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2013)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-14-2013, 09:25 PM
  2. How to (re)size photo for upload?
    By krispris in forum Samsung Galaxy S4
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-31-2013, 09:33 PM
  3. Can't transfer files over 4.00 GB to S4 or Tab 2
    By King Mustard in forum Samsung Galaxy S4
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-31-2013, 07:28 AM
  4. Galaxy Note 3 - Transfer calender entries
    By andyr3ad in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-30-2013, 05:40 PM
  5. is there a way to turn the audio notifications off while on the phone?
    By Marcus Foldy in forum Samsung Galaxy S4 Active
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-30-2013, 12:51 PM

Posting Permissions