16GB or 32GB?

MomaDave

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
Happy Halloween droid'ees!

I'm just about to get a Galaxy S4, but I can't make up my friggin mind... Are you 16GB owners happy with storage capacity or do you wish you would have grabbed the 32? I currently own a Rezound with 16 on board and 32 micro sd. My onboard will get big due to my thumbnails, but I just cloud my pics and vids and delete my temp files and I'm ok. Please help me with your thoughts. Is it worth the $50 extra for 32 GB? CHEERS!

wtherrell

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
Happy Halloween droid'ees!

I'm just about to get a Galaxy S4, but I can't make up my friggin mind... Are you 16GB owners happy with storage capacity or do you wish you would have grabbed the 32? I currently own a Rezound with 16 on board and 32 micro sd. My onboard will get big due to my thumbnails, but I just cloud my pics and vids and delete my temp files and I'm ok. Please help me with your thoughts. Is it worth the $50 extra for 32 GB? CHEERS!

I got the developer edition & kept unlimited data. It was available only in the 16Gb version. With the 64GB SD card it's OK, but if i had a choice I would have gone with a 32GB version + the sd card.

Sent from my Hyperdriven Dev Edition Vzw SCH-I545 with KT kernel using Tapatalk 4

MomaDave

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
With all the gripes about the new update, should I even bother with the S4? I hear the S5 will be out appox Feb. Probably pushing $350 or $399 though. Hmmm what to do?

Last edited:

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
To be honest, given the other choices, I'd probably select something else before the S4 at this point. A Nexus 5, a Moto X, an HTC One, a G2, or a Note 3 (if you're ready for the awesomeness that it has to offer).

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
To be honest, given the other choices, I'd probably select something else before the S4 at this point. A Nexus 5, a Moto X, an HTC One, a G2, or a Note 3 (if you're ready for the awesomeness that it has to offer).

I understand the Nexus 5, Moto X, or Note 3, but why the One or G2 ahead of the S4?

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Well, isn't the Nexus 5 and the G2 pretty much the same thing (with the N5 having non-messed up button placement). The One is still thought to be one of the very best phones available. The S4 has had isssues, and it seems the issues (albeit different ones) continue even for the 4.3 versioned ones...or so I've read.

tech_head

Q&A Team
Aug 25, 2010
Visit site

If the poster is on Verizon then the N5 isn't available.
The Moto X, HTC One and G2 have a fixed battery and no expandable storage.
The G3 does, but it is *BIG*.

So if you want a quad core phone with true 1080p on Verizon, with removable battery and storage.
It's the Samsung Galaxy S4 or nothing.

That is exactly why I bought a GS4 a few weeks ago.
I was ready to pull the trigger on the HTC One or the LG G2.
My thought was the HTC One, although a nice phone, has the same internals of the GS4 with a limited battery no MicroSD.
The LG G2 had the same limitation but one additional drawback. The thickness is different from the other carrier LG G2 models so cases don't fit.
It does have the Snapdragon 800 but that was not enough of a plus.

I finally decided on the GS4 and have had no issues.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
If the poster is on Verizon then the N5 isn't available.
The Moto X, HTC One and G2 have a fixed battery and no expandable storage.
The G3 does, but it is *BIG*.

So if you want a quad core phone with true 1080p on Verizon, with removable battery and storage.
It's the Samsung Galaxy S4 or nothing.

That is exactly why I bought a GS4 a few weeks ago.
I was ready to pull the trigger on the HTC One or the LG G2.
My thought was the HTC One, although a nice phone, has the same internals of the GS4 with a limited battery no MicroSD.
The LG G2 had the same limitation but one additional drawback. The thickness is different from the other carrier LG G2 models so cases don't fit.
It does have the Snapdragon 800 but that was not enough of a plus.

I finally decided on the GS4 and have had no issues.
Well the S4 then, vs. the Note 3. I know the Note 3 is bigger than the S4 but to me its not that much bigger, though I know to some its just too big...and that the S4 is pushing it. Between the S4 and the Note 3 I'd select the Note 3...and I did. If the Moto X comes in 32GB on Verizon I'd opt for that. As far as removable battery, well, that's no longer as important to me as I thought it was...nor is the SD card slot, but they're certainly not bad to have either. I've got a 64GB SanDisk Extreme in my Note 3 and yes, its half full, but only because...why not?

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Probably just need the 16 GB if you cloud all pics and vids. I do the same and have over 5 GB left even after loading >1000 songs and >100 apps.

MomaDave

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
How did you keep unlimited data? Did you buy outright or something else?

I added another line for $9.99 a month extra. When the S4 comes, I'll activate it on my line, activate an old basic phone on the new line. I can upgrade every 2 years and keep unlimited data on my main line. Basically my unlimited data plan went from 30 to 40 bucks a month... The rate I use data, so worth it!

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I added another line for $9.99 a month extra. When the S4 comes, I'll activate it on my line, activate an old basic phone on the new line. I can upgrade every 2 years and keep unlimited data on my main line. Basically my unlimited data plan went from 30 to 40 bucks a month... The rate I use data, so worth it!

Awesome! I've thought about doing that. Gotta find a cheap basic phone to use though. I'm fresh out of those...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463