Screen Mirroring (Miracast) won't connect to PTV-3000
My brand new Galaxy S4 has the 4.3 OTA update installed.
I have Droid experience but am a total GS4 noob.
My PushToTV 3000 has 2.4.19 firmware. I also have the V.2.2.9 and V.2.2.16 downloads.
Here's how my problem happens:
- The PTV-3000 displays a "ready for connection" message on the TV.
- When I enable Screen Mirroring on the phone, the PTV-3000 shows up on the phone as an Available device.
- When I tap the screen where it says "Tap to connect" the phone displays a box titled Screen Mirroring that says Connecting.
- After about 45 seconds a new box also titled Screen Mirroring displays this message: Failed to connect via Screen Mirroring and shows an [OK] button.
- No explanation of the failure is displayed.
- While the error message box is displayed, the screen still displays the PTV-3000's information in the background.
- When I tap OK, the PTV-3000 is still there, discovered but not connectable.
So what did I do wrong?
Is there a way for me to view details of the error just in case I have a few days to spend with Linksys support (ha, ha)?
Please help me get tis working.
I have tried this with my phone connected to the 2.4 Ghz channel of my router and also to the 5 Ghz channel, which is where I prefer to connect it.