Missing hovering light trail on lockscreen

jstwondrng

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
All,

This isn't important, however, I kinda miss having this functionality. When my phone was on its lock screen, I used to have the ability to hover my finger over my lock screen and a light would follow my finger. After receiving the latest update, this no longer happens. Just a preference, but I'd like to get this back again. Any suggestions?

J

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Did you disable the Lock Screen's Unlock effect? If "No effect" is selected, the trail is not present.

I can't fathom why Verizon would disable suck a cool effect if they did...

jstwondrng

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
Did you disable the Lock Screen's Unlock effect? If "No effect" is selected, the trail is not present.

Tell me about it! Btw, just checked and my "Unlock Effect" is set to "Light Effect". However, still don't have the functionality I had before.

J

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Does it work with the Ripple Effect? That's so weird if they really disabled that... I mean, it's not a killer feature, but it was a darn nice one! hehe

danhartman26

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
Mine still does it after the update. I think you need to turn on Air Gestures - Settings> System> Air View if you use list view in settings.

Or if you use the tabbed view it's Settings>My Device.

Posted from my Galaxy S4 via Android Central App

shaw1234

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Didn't even notice this until I read this thread. I no longer have the light either. Tried changing to ripple effect and back. No change. Turned on air view (I never enabled it before) and still no go.

Posted via Android Central App

MBM7881

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Mine still does it after the update. I think you need to turn on Air Gestures - Settings> System> Air View if you use list view in settings.

Or if you use the tabbed view it's Settings>My Device.

Posted from my Galaxy S4 via Android Central App

Didn't have the light either (& I didn't notice until this thread) but this worked for me. Thanks!!

Sent from my GT-N8013 using AC Forums mobile app

shaw1234

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Didn't work for me. Changed the air view settings, nothing. Restarted and it was back. Weird

Posted via Android Central App

lv2bsilly

May 23, 2011
Visit site
It looks like the effect has changed. It used to follow your finger even when it wasn't touching the screen..now it lights up but only when your finger touches it. I liked the follow effect better.

Oh spoke too soon.. it still follows the finger. You do have to have the Air Gesture turned on, if its off it will not follow your finger.

SevereDeceit

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I do not have Air Gesture turned on. When I updated to 4.3 I lost the light trail on the Lockscreen, but after I installed 4.3 I wanted to start fresh so I did a Factory Reset and the light trail is back. Still no Air Gesture on either.

Lui Soriano

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
Oh wow, the Mexican carrier "Telcel" finally pushed the update and I also lost the effect. My biggest problem is that they have disabled the option completely! It's funny because the selected option is "light effect" but I'm still missing the effect :/

asma993

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site
That is so odd! But if this is happening to a lot of users, then I guess it was actually Samsung that screwed things up :(

I can't get it either after the update. Neither the ripple nor the tracking light. I want them back any help with the steps with a Samsung S4 please ? I'm so annoyed that I cant get it back