Verizon S4: WiFi issues on 4.3

ChuckChurch

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
Re: WiFi issues on 4.3

Just curious, how many of you all are running that Verizon anti-virus SW that comes bundled with phone but needs to be activated called 'VZ Protect'? It's made by McAfee. Just on a whim, I turned off the 'Action Scan' called 'Message sent/received'. And turned off the 'Site Advisor' at the bottom. I don't think it's 100% fixed, but it seems better. Anyone else want to give it a try to verify? I've had it off for a couple hours.

Chuck

danhartman26

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site

I never even knew that app existed. I went into the applicaton manager to turn off the app, but it was hard to find.

It is listed as 'Verizon Support & Protect'

Others may not want to turn off this app, but for those that do, I thought this might save you some searching.

Sent from my SCH-i545

danhartman26

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site

Btw, I have never used the app, and also never encountered the wifi issues some have commented about here...

Sent from my SCH-i545

Rebecca Stanke

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site

in settings click on wifi then click on the lower left corner of your phone - and choose advanced then auto network switch, mine is turned off and my galaxy note will not stay connected to my wifi for more then a few minutes, some days are better then others. I troubleshooted, and the issue is the phone, not sure if its software or hardware. I have reset the phone, same results, keeps disconnecting. This is a deal breaker for me

loubies

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site

Just got a Note 3 from ATT. I like the phone a lot except for the Wifi. It connects okay at home but not when I'm out and about, whether in a restaurant or at a mall. It may say 'connected' but it won't download the webpage. One thing I noticed is that the the WiFi signal indicator at the top of the screen loses bars (weak signal) but other phones around such the Iphone 5 of BB Z10 connect to the web with no problem. .

MiDoJo

May 19, 2013
Visit site

For anyone having problems with your 3G/4G/Data overriding or preventing your WiFi from connecting, give this a shot:

[URL]http://forums.androidcentral.com/t-galaxy-s-iii/330972-4g-does-not-turn-off-when-wifi-connected.html#post3332252

[/URL]

1. Settings/More/ApplicationManager
  2. Select the AT+T Navigator App
  3. Select TURN OFF
  4. Restart your phone
  5. See if that corrects the problem.

Hmmm seeing as this is the VERIZON forum board and AT+T Navigator is...well AT&T, I'm not sure that applies. :cool:

JohnNadeau

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site

Hmmm seeing as this is the VERIZON forum board and AT+T Navigator is...well AT&T, I'm not sure that applies. :cool:

Uh... Sorry... I meant to suggest that you check if there is a similar Verizon Navigator App creating a similar problem :)

anon(749368)

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site

I had the same issue on my 4.3 galaxy s3. It must be something with the update. I did the wifi settings, advanced "fix" mentioned above and it seems to resolve the issue

Posted via Android Central App

Duhitaa N

Jan 9, 2014
Visit site

I"m having trouble regarding my wifi since i've updated my phone to the android 4.3. I've got a message that the wifi connection is unstable. It takes quite some times to connect to the wifi and it is very frustrating. The more frustrating thing of in this matter is that the phone loses connection by itself even if i'm next to the router. I never had this issue before. My wifi connection was perfectly alright before and it connected instantly as i put on the wifi icon green.
I guess that Samsung should fix this problem as soon as possible.

Giggyjdog

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site

Constant "connection I'd unstable" and not connecting to my router now. No issues before the update. Anyone else?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
I HAVE FINALLY FOUND A FIX. At least a temporary one until an update arrives. On my note 3 it comes with pre made folders and one of the folders is my company's apps(us cellular) although us cellular isn't available everywhere this should still apply to you. Basically what I did was turn off each app that came with my phone from us cellular. No longer having ussues. The main app I believe causing the problems was a navigator app that came pre installed. Hope this helps.

JohnNadeau

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site

For anyone having problems with your 3G/4G/Data overriding or preventing your WiFi from connecting, give this a shot:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/t-...turn-off-when-wifi-connected.html#post3332252

1. Settings/More/ApplicationManager
  2. Select the AT+T Navigator App
  3. Select TURN OFF
  4. Restart your phone
  5. See if that corrects the problem.

I HAVE FINALLY FOUND A FIX. At least a temporary one until an update arrives. On my note 3 it comes with pre made folders and one of the folders is my company's apps(us cellular) although us cellular isn't available everywhere this should still apply to you. Basically what I did was turn off each app that came with my phone from us cellular. No longer having ussues. The main app I believe causing the problems was a navigator app that came pre installed. Hope this helps.

Although this is a Verizon thread, could a pattern be forming...
  • Giggyjdog's US Cellular Navigator App;
  • My AT+T Navigator App;
  • Other Verizon users mentioned disabling a Verizon CallerID Service.

MiDoJo

May 19, 2013
Visit site

• My AT+T Navigator App;

Not a bad note, I've never seen this issue when it wouldn't have naturally occured (ie too far from the access point) since rooting and disabling VzCID was one of the things I did on root.

Giggyjdog

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site

• My AT+T Navigator App;

Yes I understand this is a Verizon thread but I think this may work for a number of companies. So far so good. No wifi drops. Speed increase. Not exactly how it should be, but this is something worth trying until an update is released. How did this fix work for you?

JohnNadeau

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site

Hey Giggyjdog... we are on the same page!!! I said that because I didn't want others to dismiss the possible solution because of our AT+T and US Cellular carriers.

For a complete overview, check out this post: http://forums.androidcentral.com/t-...turn-off-when-wifi-connected.html#post3332252

For me, I saw it happen before my eyes after a Factory Reset and I could actually toggle it by Disabling/Enabling AT&T Navigator

Giggyjdog

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site

Hey Giggyjdog... we are on the same page!!! I said that because I didn't want others to dismiss the possible solution because of our AT+T and US Cellular carriers.

For a complete overview, check out this post: http://forums.androidcentral.com/t-...turn-off-when-wifi-connected.html#post3332252

For me, I saw it happen before my eyes after a Factory Reset and I could actually toggle it by Disabling/Enabling AT&T Navigator

Oh were on the complete same page. I didn't mean it that way, I meant it in the same way you did. This obviously isn't a carrier specific issue as will research show. I've heard rumors of international(note 3) receiving am update to fix this issue. Any other news as to if this has been addressed? Driving me crazy to know I spent 300 dollars on a phone that can't even use wifi correctly!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool