Verizon S4: WiFi issues on 4.3

General Tso

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Constant "connection I'd unstable" and not connecting to my router now. No issues before the update. Anyone else?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Re: WiFi issues on 4.3

Constant "connection I'd unstable" and not connecting to my router now. No issues before the update. Anyone else?

I have not seen this, but did you try rebooting your Wifi router? Just unplug it for at least a minute, then plug it back in and wait a minute or two for it to reconnect... just a possible solution.

ddsdavid

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site

I had the same thing today but I was pushing the range of my router.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AC Forums mobile app

hikerguy

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site

Both my wife and I updated our Samsung Galaxy S4s today and both are having issues with the wifi staying connected. We NEVER had this issue prior to the update. Still searching for a fix. May have to call Verizon or Samsung on this one.

General Tso

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site

Same here. I've rebooted the router numerous times. I never had an issue before update. Also my old Nexus 7 has 4.3 and no issues. Has to be a Verizon/Samsung issue.

neilwm56

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site

I am also having wifi issues since updating to 4.3. I get the message when turning on my network "Checking the quality of your internet connection." It then fails to connect and the notice is "Network disabled because internet connection is slow."

MiDoJo

May 19, 2013
Visit site

Factory reset, should be no wipe, will fix this issue (as long as you aren't rooted, if you are rooted its probably Knox and you may have to unroot and maybe even repair via kies/vzw repair

General Tso

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site

Yes it will. Screw that. This is the kinda stuff I hate about Android. My iPhone never had stuff like this.

neilwm56

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site

I found the fix for my issue with wifi. Settings- Connections-Wi-Fi-Hit Advanced Settings lower left button, uncheck Auto Network Switch

ochawkeye

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site

I found the fix for my issue with wifi. Settings- Connections-Wi-Fi-Hit Advanced Settings lower left button, uncheck Auto Network Switch

Where are you finding "Advanced Settings" under Wifi? I see options for "Notify me" and "Auto connect" and then a list of detected networks. My home wifi network has been disconnected multiple times since updating to 4.3 on Saturday. Sometimes because it was "unstable" (never saw that before update). I think it is becoming "unstable" when I get out of range (like I leave my house) but when this happens it does not automatically reconnect when I come back within range.

With this issue + this Samsung music app that keeps launching on its own, I am really regretting updating. Should have let others fight through and resolve these issues before jumping into something that was not ready for the general public.

STSVA

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site

Where are you finding "Advanced Settings" under Wifi? I see options for "Notify me" and "Auto connect" and then a list of detected networks. My home wifi network has been disconnected multiple times since updating to 4.3 on Saturday. Sometimes because it was "unstable" (never saw that before update). I think it is becoming "unstable" when I get out of range (like I leave my house) but when this happens it does not automatically reconnect when I come back within range.

With this issue + this Samsung music app that keeps launching on its own, I am really regretting updating. Should have let others fight through and resolve these issues before jumping into something that was not ready for the general public.
Once you've got the basic WiFi settings open, then press the menu button at the bottom left of the phone and it will give you a menu list where you can open the advanced settings.

thornesone

May 28, 2012
Visit site

I have unchecked the box and still getting the message that my wifi is unstable while the icon wifi bar is maxed and sitting ten feet from the router. I have rebooted the router and still getting the unstable wifi message. This is after updating to 4.3. COM'ON!!

Posted via Android Central App using my awesome S4!

amcclanahan

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site

I did the update Saturday as well and I am having the same issues regarding wifi. It doesn't matter if I am sitting right beside the router or if I am outside of the house, it gives me a message saying "connection is unstable". I never had that issue before the update, and now when I am connected to wifi it seems as if it runs much slower than it did before. Like I said I have never had any issues regarding wifi before and my connection has always been strong and a fast speed. I have gone into the advanced wifi settings and unchecked auto network switch and I am still getting a message saying my connection is unstable. This is so frustrating! :'(

Cyrene

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site

I tried all of the above suggestions and factory reset. Same problems.

Sent from my SGS4 using Tapatalk

androidkid14

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site

this worked for me!! thanks very much!!! it still says that its unstable but i can deal with it....as long as its still on and working!

GeekNews

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site

I have yet to see this issue but I'm wondering what kind of routers you guys are running, what your connection types are (g-n-ac) and what your security settings might be? Wonder if this is something similar to a previous bug that affected certain routers more than others.