Question on Verizon jet packs aka wi-fi hot spots

windycityrider

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Our company has recently issued new laptops to us as well as the Verizon hotspots or jet packs as they are called. I've never used one, does anyone have any feedback on their performance? Good? Bad? I have heard some questionable feedback from users in our company but wanted to come on this board and ask around.
Will they use up my monthly data allowance?
Drain my battery?

Thanks in advance.

757Dave

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Wife and I used the old air card and then upgraded to the mifi (jet pack) for years and never had any serious problems with either. If you are on a verizon data plan then yes it does use your data. It is nice to know that you can get onto the internet when you want or need to use it. We recently gave up the jet pack and just use the hot spot on our S4 and so far that has worked just as well as the jet pack, plus we don't have to pay extra to have the jet pack as a additional cost and we can each use the hot spot on our own phones when we are not traveling together.

Zman1001

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Our company has recently issued new laptops to us as well as the Verizon hotspots or jet packs?
Will they use up my monthly data allowance?

Thanks in advance.

No, it will not use up your data allowance, as the company has issued you the Jetpack. In actuality, if you wanted to, you could take and connect your S4 to the Jetpack so that all of the data being used on the S4 Phone would actually be going through the JetPack, and not your phone's data allowance (assuming your company does not mind this).

I have never used a jetpack, but every person I talk to speaks very highly of them. I know someone who went from the USB mifi on their laptop, and upgraded to the current Jet Packs, and they have been amazed at how much better their experience is. I have been looking at getting a jetpack myself, and eliminate my month to month tablet, so that my wife can also use the jetpack on her wifi only ipad. Still thinking about that though...lol

windycityrider

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Thanks to the both of you for replying. Turns out our company filled us in on more details concerning the jet packs and they will be picking up the tab for the data usage, which is very nice indeed. I have yet to use it but look forward to checking it out for myself.
Thanks again for the feedback.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01