GS4, G2, or Moto X?

lzelanka

May 15, 2012
Visit site
cant decide between the three. Have had a droid charge and note 2 so there is a little bit of loyalty in there, I dont think touchwiz is a problem because i use nova.
I have 4 questions about this phone
1) how is the battery life?
2) how does it fit in the hand?
3) will updates be quick?(in relation to other phones on verizon)
4) how soon does the GS5 come out? I ask because i like to be on the newest/best phone and the GS4 is in an awkward time because its been out for about half a year.

yancyv8

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
I'd say go Moto X. Go an watch every review out there especially MKBHD on youtube. The phone is phenominal and I'm close to switching my N5 for it because of the better battery and the hands-free stuff.

The feel of the phone in the Moto X is supposed to be great as well with the curved backing and to me, the plastic isn't as cheap feeling as the GS4.

The updates (i would assume) would be faster on the moto x vs the g2 or the gs4 because motorola is owned by google now but don't quote me on that.

The GS5 should come out soon seeing as samsung releases a new one every six months. I'd say get on T-mobile's jump program if you want to make sure you have the latest and greatest.

tech_head

Q&A Team
Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
I'd say go Moto X. Go an watch every review out there especially MKBHD on youtube. The phone is phenominal and I'm close to switching my N5 for it because of the better battery and the hands-free stuff.

The feel of the phone in the Moto X is supposed to be great as well with the curved backing and to me, the plastic isn't as cheap feeling as the GS4.

The updates (i would assume) would be faster on the moto x vs the g2 or the gs4 because motorola is owned by google now but don't quote me on that.

The GS5 should come out soon seeing as samsung releases a new one every six months. I'd say get on T-mobile's jump program if you want to make sure you have the latest and greatest.

If you play games skip the MotoX. The GPU is not as good as the GS4 or the G2.
You are comparing two beast phones with an "Average Joe" phone.
The X is not meant to compete with the S4 or the LG G2; it can't.

That being said.
If you play games and like to store your media on the phone, GS4.
If you just want a beast G2.
The GS4 and G2 both have 1080p screens vs the 720p screen on the X.

yancyv8

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
If you play games skip the MotoX. The GPU is not as good as the GS4 or the G2.
You are comparing two beast phones with an "Average Joe" phone.
The X is not meant to compete with the S4 or the LG G2; it can't.

That being said.
If you play games and like to store your media on the phone, GS4.
If you just want a beast G2.
The GS4 and G2 both have 1080p screens vs the 720p screen on the X.

Have you used these phones? I can't tell any difference in performance between these phones and the X is even quicker at some times IMO. Just because a reviewer called it an average Joe phone doesn't mean that's what it is.

And 720p isnt a noticeable let down AT ALL. If you can honestly SEE the difference, you must be superman or something. It isn't much of a difference in any way.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
cant decide between the three. Have had a droid charge and note 2 so there is a little bit of loyalty in there, I dont think touchwiz is a problem because i use nova.
I have 4 questions about this phone
1) how is the battery life?
2) how does it fit in the hand?
3) will updates be quick?(in relation to other phones on verizon)
4) how soon does the GS5 come out? I ask because i like to be on the newest/best phone and the GS4 is in an awkward time because its been out for about half a year.

1. Moto X battery life is phenomenal. I've gone 32+ hours between charges. I've yet to kill the battery.
2. Moto X fits in hand beautifully. It's the most comfortable phone I've ever held.
3. Hard to say, but Motorola just sent out invites for a soak test, which is supposedly the 4.4 update. It will probably be updated more quickly than either the S4 or G2 because it's very close to pure Android. Many of the Motorola additions to the software are easy to update quickly because they're updated through the Play store.
4. Probably not until mid to late spring.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae