Removing the Visual Voice Mail prompt

Idahoktm

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
Is there a way to remove the "Subscribe to Visual Voice Mail" prompt on the Verizon Voice mail app? I don't want to use it and it's annoying to have the prompt there when I don't need it.

VVM.jpg

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
The "Voicemail" icon is Verizon Visual Voice Mail (VVM)... they are trying to get you to subscribe. If you get a voicemail and you don't have VVM, you will see a symbol on your smartphone very similar to this Red icon, but it will be White and it will leave a call back number of *86, which is your voicemail number.

This is another reason I like using Nova Launcher... you can hide annoying app like this.

****EDIT: You might not have noticed the first time you launch this app it actually says something about checking subscription... it's checking with Verizon to see if you are paying for Visual Voice Mail.

Idahoktm

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
Any suggestions on a good voicemail app? I just want to be notified of my voicemails and want it to take me there without the possibility of hitting the VVM button. I did disable VVM.

danhartman26

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
I use the Google Voice app with google number - put the widget on my home screen, and it transcribes the messages for me. Also sends you an email notification if you choose...

Just google how to set up Verizon voicemail with google number.

I haven't had to call *86 or put in a pin in years.

Sent from my SCH-i545

danhartman26

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
Sorry, I don't recall. I just checked my application manager, and it is not in the stopped list. I really wish I could tell you what I did, but anything more than about 10 minutes ago just leaves my head...

Posted from my KFHD via Android Central App

waltp

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
Try tossing the pretty red Voicemail (VZW) icon on the Homescreen in the trash and setting up a widget as a shortcut to your voicemail instead...

Open your apps screen and scroll to widgets

Select the and drag a Contacts widget to your homescreen.
This places a Contact on your homescreen, and you will be presented with all the numbers to make a selection.
If you just want the mobile voicemail, select and drag the Direct Dial widget to your homescreen.

Your Contact list will open, then scroll down and select Voicemail (just the *86 if you only want mobile voicemail).

That's it... you now have a shortcut to your Voicemail conveniently on the Homescreen. Yes, the VVM app is still in your phone, but at least this one won't nag you to subscribe.