1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Samsung Boot Screen Displays: Custom?

I am having a strange issue. I was sitting down with my phone in my pocket and it vibrated a few times. I figured I had a phone call so I took it out, but instead it had rebooted itself. But what I saw on the screen said SAMSUNG and under it said Custom with an unlocked lock pad next to it.

This has never happened before and this phone is not rooted, I don't even know how to root it anyways. When I do boot up the phone, some off the apps on my SD card do not work and every time I try to check them in Application manager, my phone locks up. I unmount my SD card and my phone still locks up when I try to check out apps in Application manager.

Out of all the apps that claim to not be installed on the SD card are my two most played games Final Fantasy 5 and 100 Doors, both which have had no updates recently. I have not done any updating or downloading of apps in 4 days. I would like to try moving one of these games to my phone, off of the SD card to see if it works, but Application manager locks up every time I go in there.

For good measure I have done virus scans on my phone and have come up clean every time. Anyone have any ideas? Custom boot message coupled with some broken apps on my SD card.

Default Re: Samsung Boot Screen Displays: Custom?

Others have reported this before, Including me. The device is not unlocked, you do not have a virus. Another reboot or two will fix it. Sounds like your SD Card needs to be reformatted. Probably a corrupt file on there.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Well, since I can't access my SD card at all, I can't delete or move around apps to see what might be corrupt. While watching TV for the past 3 hours, I have been resetting my phone, taking out the SD card, putting it back in, nothing. I gave up and called Verizon, they recommended I do a factory reset of the phone. I took out my SD card, did a factory reset, got all my stuff from the gmail back on there, turned off my phone and put in the SD card. Turned it back on, SAME issue, phone boot screen says "Custom" again with the unlocked padlock above it. The only difference between before and now is, my SD card is now completely empty, like it was brand new or something.

I have exchanged this SD card between phones for a while now, and I have never seen everything just wipe. Must be something corrupt on the card, problem was, I could never get to see what it was.

I only noticed it saying custom after enabling devolper settings. Could that be it? Or just coincidence?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Sorry. Didn't realize this is an s4 forum. Came here from a Google search. But I found the cause of my issue. I enabled art. Went back to dalvik, and it doesn't have the custom thing on the boot screen.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk