Need Help! Brick? Installed TWRP! Now stuck!

wtherrell

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
I am currently stuck. My phone only loads up to "Downloading".

I was trying to install TWRP Recovery using this page: TeamWin Projects - TWRP 2.6 - Samsung Galaxy S4 (Verizon) | TeamWin

I couldn't get Goo Manager to actually download the file, so I did it manually and then used the dd command in Terminal emulator. Please help!!!!

1st things 1st. Is your device MDK? ME7? Or what?

Sent from my Hyperdriven Dev Edition Vzw SCH-I545 with KT kernel using Tapatalk 4

wtherrell

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
It was MJ7

Ah! There's the problem. You will be lucky to even get root. The bootloader is locked down tight and there is no way around it. It will not allow you to install a custom recovery. Your only hope if rooted would be Safestrap if it becomes available for MJ7. You, my friend, are pretty much SOL.

Sent from my Hyperdriven Dev Edition Vzw SCH-I545 with KT kernel using Tapatalk 4

phantom27

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
It boots into the screen that has a green android and says "Downloading... Do not turn off target!!"

At the top it says in really small letters,
Could not do normal boot.
ODIN MODE
PRODUCT NAME: SCH-I545
CURRENT BINARY: Samsung Official
SYSTEM STATUS: Custom
KNOX KERNEL LOCK: 0x0
KNOX WARRANTY VOID: 0x0
CSB-CONFIG-LSB: 0X30
WRITE PROTECTION: Enable
eMMC BURST MODE enabled

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
[ODIN][TAR] VRUEMK2 Emergency and No-Wipe Odin tars - xda-developers

Posted this link in another thread, but I had the same message. Was freaking out until this worked. Didn't even need to wipe my data.

Use odin and flash stock VRUEMK2 I'd do the full aka emergency repair. I used this to uninstall safestrap after trying out hyperdrive rom. I'm now completely stock (rooted) MK2. Just be sure to download the correct stock file. If doing the full wipe, don't forget to download the included Pit file. Be sure to Learn how to use odin. odin is your friend

kfres39389

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
I found the non wipe.tar worked just fine. If it fails, then wipe the device. Just make sure to backup the system using your computer if possible if you haven't made a backup already.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX