Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By lisaminnie
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy S4 will not connect to home wifi since update

My GS4 worked great at jumping to wifi spots and at home but now it can't connect AT ALL to my home wifi. Haven't tested it other places i've been before with wifi but pretty sure it will work elsewhere. It will show the wifi connection as "saved, secured" but will only scan again after I push to connect???? I'm not a hundred percent sure this did not start happening with update but my data usage increase (from lack of home wifi) has sure increased since that time. Tried everything; i don't have many options on his home router (Verizon wireless router on WEP). Any ideas anyone?

Fixed; I called Verizon who told me to delete my home connection from my list of wifi connetions THEN reconnect and it seems to have worked so far.

Default Re: Galaxy S4 will not connect to home wifi since update

Welcome to Android Central! Glad you found a solution. If you have further problems, review this guide: [GUIDE] Troubleshooting Wi-Fi Connection Problems

Hi I'm having the same problem how did you delete the home connection? Thanks

Go to Settings/Wi-Fi, find your home network, long press it, then select Forget.

Posted via Android Central App

Hi it's not giving me the optoion it's just saying connect when I connect and try and save the password to connect it won't let me the save key is not lit up, any ideas? It's driving me mad thanks

Turn on wi-fi first. Then, at the Settings/Wi-fi menu, long press the network you want to forget, and the option should appear. You don't see that?

It's WORKED!!! thank you for your help!!!
    B. Diddy likes this.