1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Red face Galaxy S4 running Google Play stuck on 3G

Will someone please help me get my rooted Verizon Galaxy S4 running Google Play off of 3G stupid and onto 4G? Through eBay I purchased a rooted Galaxy S4 running Google Play, managed to get it activated with correct phone number (a challenge for this novas) but it only operates on 3G. I am certain there is a simple fix but I am insufficiently learned to figure it out. Frustrated! Please help!?

Default Re: Galaxy S4 running Google Play stuck on 3G

Quote Originally Posted by dlfoley View Post
    Will someone please help me get my rooted Verizon Galaxy S4 running Google Play off of 3G stupid and onto 4G? Through eBay I purchased a rooted Galaxy S4 running Google Play, managed to get it activated with correct phone number (a challenge for this novas) but it only operates on 3G. I am certain there is a simple fix but I am insufficiently learned to figure it out. Frustrated! Please help!?
    What do you mean "running Google Play"? ... Google Play is the app store that is present on pretty much all models, it is not a version of any operating system.

If it is not running the default OS, I suppose it's possible that an issue with the kernel or radio could be causing your connection issues, but it's hard to say for sure without knowing more about what's running on the phone.

Can you post a screenshot of your "Settings --> More (tab) --> About Phone" screen? (scroll down to include all info below 'Device name'). That may help shed some light on what you're dealing with.

This is why is never advisable to buy hardware from eBay vendors unless you're sure about their reputation (and even then I'd probably stay away).